• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2012-13 Edition

BenedictGomez

2012-13 Ski Ride Free GPS Smartphone Map

Added 9 more gas stations to my map since I posted the link (below), and will continue to update until Ski Ride Free is done signing partner stations. I'm toying with the idea of adding all the Ski resorts to the map too given how so many folks now use their cell phone as their car GPS device instead of a Garmin or TomTom, but I dont know if that would be useful since I imagine most people know how to get to the mountains they ski at.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...ll=43.241701,-73.510895&spn=0.421667,1.056747

ScottySkis

This weekend Flex days from Potterbrothers stores and online.http://potterbrothers.com/discount-tickets/#flex
156284_10151423107263777_1786710004_n.jpg

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Richelsons orthotics - Plymouth NH, $65 for $45

Personal recommendation: I have to give these guys 10 thumbs up. What he did for my boots made me ski so much better day one. And no, it wasn't just the footbed. Next boots come from there (at prices at or below competition). Worth the drive. From anywhere. Do it on a rainy day when there is nothing better to do.
Bill

Give the G
ift of Comfort!

Do you have a neighbor, relative or friend who has never been to Feet First? Treat them to an evaluation of their footwear, orthotics or ski boots.

A $65 dollar value, you pay only $45. We will email you a gift certificate for your last minute shopping convenience.

Note: Not valid on previously booked appts.

Offer valid until 12-21-12

Visit our website: www.myfeetfirst.com
7 Town West Tenney Mountain Highway, Plymouth NH 03264
(603) 536 - 3338 feetfirst@myfeetfirst.com
S.gif
S.gif
Treat yourself to a new pair of orthotics!

If you have a health savings account,

order before 12-31-12 to take advantage of any balance you may have before it's gone!
PM_B2CBP_BottomShadow.png

Visit our website: www.myfeetfirst.com
7 Town West Tenney Mountain Highway, Plymouth NH 03264
(603) 536 - 3338 feetfirst@myfeetfirst.com

skifree

MT SNOW Don't miss out on this crazy good deal featuring our lowest price of the season on a ski and stay package. We'll put it to you this way, there's a chance of snow in the forecast just about every day next week, we've been blowing snow around the clock and expanding terrain, so grab a buddy, your significant other, some random stranger…whatever you have to do because for just $59 per person, per night, you get one night lodging at Snow Lake Lodge and a one-day adult lift ticket for the following day.

This deal is only good for Sunday night 12/16/12 through Thursday night 12/20/12 and is based on double occupancy.

Don't be a fool, BOOK NOW!

Last edited:

Smellytele

Don't miss out on this crazy good deal featuring our lowest price of the season on a ski and stay package. We'll put it to you this way, there's a chance of snow in the forecast just about every day next week, we've been blowing snow around the clock and expanding terrain, so grab a buddy, your significant other, some random stranger…whatever you have to do because for just $59 per person, per night, you get one night lodging at Snow Lake Lodge and a one-day adult lift ticket for the following day.

This deal is only good for Sunday night 12/16/12 through Thursday night 12/20/12 and is based on double occupancy.

Forgot one thing - Where...

Mildcat

MT SNOW Don't miss out on this crazy good deal featuring our lowest price of the season on a ski and stay package. We'll put it to you this way, there's a chance of snow in the forecast just about every day next week, we've been blowing snow around the clock and expanding terrain, so grab a buddy, your significant other, some random stranger…whatever you have to do because for just $59 per person, per night, you get one night lodging at Snow Lake Lodge and a one-day adult lift ticket for the following day.

http://echo3.bluehornet.com/ct/10607063:14011584667:m:1:82892439:DFE5A0C9ECF0D382BAE44596B57F1451:r
Just booked for Sunday night. Great deal, haven't been to snow for years. Can't wait to go back.

noseblob

Hi All. I'm in the East for 12/13. Can anyone recommend the best parking lot(s) to overnight in my truck in the Rutland/Killington area?

They kicked me out of K1, but, they said it was okay in the skyship lot (north side). And that's where I've been staying.

Last edited:

ScottySkis

Hi All. I'm in the East for 12/13. Can anyone recommend the best parking lot(s) to overnight in my truck in the Rutland/Killington area?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
I'm not sure about trucks but several year's ago when I had a season pass at Killington, I park and sleep in my car in the parking lot of Walmart-Shop and Stop in Rutland a lot and never had a problem.

skifree

i have slept in K1 lot a few times when its going to dump. usually have a plow driver wake me in the morning to move my truck.
works though.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Sorry if I missed this guys -->

Free 1 year Mountain Sports Club Membership ($25 Value) + Discounted lift ticketshttps://www.mountainsportsclub.com/register.cfm

Use code sns12 for free 1 year Premium Membership (normally $25)

Benefits:

Discount lift tickets up to 60% off in advance
Access to non-premium discount coupons
Discounted Travel through our Travel Desk
Special members only offers via email
Includes entry into contests
Members win lift tickets, gear, trips and more!
Access to all premium coupons for shops, service, acitvities, purchase deals, dining, and lodging
Access to special 2-for1 lift ticket coupons

**There is also a list of discounted lift tickets you can purchase during registration that will upgrade you to Premium Plus:

$30.00 Black Mountain (New Hampshire) - Free Black Mountain, NH Full Day Lift ticket with holiday restrictions. Second Free Whaleback lift ticket valid anyday included.
$35.00 Cranmore (New Hampshire) - Full day Cranmore adult lift ticket, Valid Sunday through Friday,with holiday restrictions. Second Free Whaleback lift ticket valid anyday included.
$30.00 Crotched Mountain (New Hampshire) - Free Crotched Mountain Full day lift ticket. Second Free Whaleback lift ticket valid anyday included.
$30.00 King Pine (New Hampshire) - Free Full Day King Pine Lift Ticket with holiday restrictions, Second Free Whaleback lift ticket valid anyday included.
$30.00 Lookout Pass (Idaho) - Free Lookout Pass Lift Ticket
$25.00 Lost Valley (Maine) - Free Lost Valley Lift Ticket, Second Free Whaleback lift ticket valid anyday included.
$35.00 Magic Mountain (Vermont) - Free Magic Mountain Full Day Lift Ticket, Second Free Whaleback lift ticket valid anyday included.
$30.00 Monarch Mountain (Colorado) - Free Monarch Full Day Lift Ticket, unrestricted
$30.00 Mountain High (California) - Free Mountain High 8 hour Lift Ticket no holiday restrictions
$30.00 Mt Abram (Maine) - Free Mt Abram Full Day Lift Ticket. Second Free Whaleback lift ticket valid anyday included.
$30.00 Nashoba Valley (Massachusetts) - Free Nashoba Valley Lift Ticket no restrictions. Second Free Whaleback lift ticket valid anyday included.
$30.00 Pats Peak (New Hampshire) - Full any-day lift ticket with no holiday restrictions. Second Free Whaleback lift ticket valid anyday included.
$30.00 Plattekill Mountain (New York) - Free Plattekill Full Day Lift Ticket
$30.00 Red River Ski Area (New Mexico) - Red River Ski Area Full Day adult lift ticket,some holiday restrictions apply
$30.00 Saddleback (Maine) - Free Full Day Lift Ticket. Second Free Whaleback lift ticket valid anyday included.
$30.00 Shawnee Mountain (Pennsylvania) - Full Day Lift Ticket Valid anyday up to $55 Value.
$25.00 Shawnee Mountain (Pennsylvania) - Free Ski Shawnee Full Day lift ticket, Valid any day
$30.00 Shawnee Peak (Maine) - Free Shawnee Peak Full Day Lift ticket. Second Free Whaleback lift ticket valid anyday included.
$30.00 Ski Cooper (Colorado) - Ski Cooper Full Day Lift Ticket, No Restrictions apply
$30.00 Ski Granby Ranch (Colorado) - Free Full Day Ski Granby Ranch lift ticket 2012.13 season, holiday restrictions apply
$30.00 Sunlight Mountain Resort (Colorado) - Free Sunlight Mountain Lift Ticket
$30.00 Swain Resort (New York) - Free Swain Resort Lift Ticket. Holiday restrictions may apply.
$25.00 Whaleback Mountain (New Hampshire) - Free Whaleback Full Day lift ticket valid any day

Tickets usually mailed within 2-3 business days to address entered below