• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2012-13 Edition

k123

Hopefully you didnt throw them out. The last few years they haven't changed the sticker color and my guess is they wont do so this year either. Just peel those babies off the 2011-12 ones you have and affix them to 2012/13 and you're good to go. I'm probably the only person who's thrifty (read: cheap) enough to think to do this, but it works.

That's a great idea, good thing I kept them. I'll have to fill up once at one of the gas stations to get the new coupon and that will be my confirmation of the sticker color. On my coupon from last year I had my gas receipts attached; should I transfer two receipts to the new coupon with the stickers? Or should I not even bother with the receipts and just put the stickers on there? I doubt they would check the dates on the receipts anyway. More thrifty=more skiing

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Thanks for the update. Now, my editorial comment:

BOGOs - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I find them everywhere, all season. Discounts abound before xmas. Gimme a better break than that.It's apt to be in the 70's come December, given the way this summer has shaped up (or down). :sad:
Wow, that is harsh! 50% off works for me. :)

BenedictGomez

That's a great idea, good thing I kept them. I'll have to fill up once at one of the gas stations to get the new coupon and that will be my confirmation of the sticker color. On my coupon from last year I had my gas receipts attached; should I transfer two receipts to the new coupon with the stickers? Or should I not even bother with the receipts and just put the stickers on there? I doubt they would check the dates on the receipts anyway. More thrifty=more skiing

I didnt take the chance, I put 2 new gas receipts on each new card I got after filling up in ski country. But the 2 new receipts I stapled on were from local NJ gas stations not in the program (i.e. the mountain may check the dates of the receipts, but they have no idea what is/isnt a participating gas station).

reefer

Wow, that is harsh! 50% off works for me. :)

Glad you said it. WTF Billski? I see it has it's own post now and people seem very excited. I use a few of these every year with my friends. Guaranteed to get a good 6-12 primo ski days there before the 16th. Negativity already? WOW.
Here's a couple from last year! Two excellent ski days!

East Fall 11/8/11

powerline 11/23/11 (yes powder day, 12+)

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
:(

Of course they are of value. :razz: Ah, the lack to intonation on the interspace. :cry:All I'm saying is that they are really, really easy to find. 8) Most places handed them out left and right last season. That is no surprise to anyone. :popcorn: I had more than I knew what to do with. :dontknow: Anyways, I never pass up posting a deal, even though 95% of them I'll never use. :)

Now about that negativity... piget te offendisse :oops:
Maybe its the weather:confused:
Or maybe it's the fear of global warming :roll:
Or maybe just senility setting in :-?

Puck it

Of course they are of value. :razz: Ah, the lack to intonation on the interspace. :cry:All I'm saying is that they are really, really easy to find. 8) Most places handed them out left and right last season. That is no surprise to anyone. :popcorn: I had more than I knew what to do with. :dontknow: Anyways, I never pass up posting a deal, even though 95% of them I'll never use. :)

Now about that negativity... piget te offendisse :oops:
Maybe its the weather:confused:
Or maybe it's the fear of global warming :roll:
Or maybe just senility setting in :-?

grumpy_old_man_tshirt-p235419049869537413q6vb_400.jpg

fahz

TY Skier4Life - For the BOGO to Killington. I did use a Killington BOGO early last season - cheaper ticket and the second made the first cheaper.

BenedictGomez never thought about peeling the stickers have a bunch somewhere from last couple seasons & the idea about using other current gas receipts simply brilliant! Hopefully they do it again this fall.

The Geigerrig deal sounds great if another Clymb deal pops up, But sharing the book/trading tickets seems like a possible problem as I saw something on the site that you have to have the hydration unit with you? Much like having to wear the Descente jacket to the window. Anyone have experience using the passbooks in the past? Can you take a single ticket out of the book and use it or do you need the whole book?

Last edited:

jaytrem

The Descente 2013 Passport list....

http://www.descente.com/contact/passport-details/

Looks like the only addition is Snow Summit in Southern California. However on Facebook they mentioned Whiteface and Gore would be on there this year. So not sure how accurate it is yet. Assuming it is accurate, for losses we have Windham, The Canyons, Sunday River, Spirit MN. Bit surprised Apline Meadows is still on there after Squaw bought them out.

Last edited:

wtcobb

College/For 20's passes

Lots of college deals out through Ski Vermont: http://www.skivermont.com/about-us/press-room/press-release/id/401

Threesome College Pass– Mad River Glen and Sugarbush Resort: $359
Featuring skiing and riding at three big mountains - Lincoln Peak and Mt. Ellen at Sugarbush, and Mad River Glen

Higher Education College Season Pass - Mount Snow: $319
Higher Education Pass includes Mount Snow in Vermont, Attitash, Wildcat and Crotched in New Hampshire and Jack Frost/Big Boulder in Pennsylvania.

JayPeak + Burke College Pass - Jay Peak Resort and Burke Mountain: $249

SOS College Pass -Stratton Mountain and Okemo Mountain: $299 (includes Sunapee)

The Stowe College Pass – Stowe Mountain Resort: $399 before Oct. 31

And many more.

Also nice, some passes for 20-something's (I don't know if I can still pull off my college ID):

For20s Pass – Sugarbush Resort: $319

20’s Midweek Pass – Mad River Glen: $199

jaytrem

The Descente 2013 Passport list....

http://www.descente.com/contact/passport-details/

Looks like the only addition is Snow Summit in Southern California. However on Facebook they mentioned Whiteface and Gore would be on there this year. So not sure how accurate it is yet. Assuming it is accurate, for losses we have Windham, The Canyons, Sunday River, Spirit MN. Bit surprised Apline Meadows is still on there after Squaw bought them out.

Looks like they fixed the list. Added Gore, Whiteface, Shawnee ME, and Brundage ID for this year. Also put the Canyons back in. Was a bit surprised that one was missing before since they're still in the Geigerrig Passport.

BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez never thought about peeling the stickers have a bunch somewhere from last couple seasons & the idea about using other current gas receipts simply brilliant! Hopefully they do it again this fall.

What can I say, I'm devious.

Last year I made a Google Map of all the "participating gas stations" throughout ski country that are in the program, and I'll update it and post a link here once it's out for 2012/13. The link can be opened on a smartphone, and so you can use GPS with it, definitely helped me score more gas stamps last year on stations that I would have missed out on.

Is there a link to the actual passport so we can see the individual details/restrictions for each mountain?

jaytrem

Is there a link to the actual passport so we can see the individual details/restrictions for each mountain?

That would be nice, but unlike Geigerrig they've never done that in the past, so I wouldn't expect it this year. I always check it out at the Ski Barn before buying. Hope it not mostly M-F like the Geigerrig this year. I'm sure somebody will post the detals here or on epicski at some point.

jaytrem

For those of you who like to plan really early, Liftopia has a bunch of $9 days at Wildcat and Attitash.

Edit: Make that two days at each place, thought there were a couple more.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
ACE Ski and Board Club (my club) will offer ACE members with EICSL affiliation special "awareness days" at select New England ski/board areas in 2012-13. The details are being worked and will be announced at the first club meeting on September 8th. Email and members-only discount news will be issued two weeks after each meeting. This is in addition to the usual club-only discounts to Stowe, Whiteface, etc.