• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2012-13 Edition

tcharron

I noticed a distinct lack of freebie lists for the Warren Miller tour, I wonder if they are going to release details later, or if they're doing without this year.

tcharron

I noticed a distinct lack of freebie lists for the Warren Miller tour, I wonder if they are going to release details later, or if they're doing without this year.

Scratch that, it's just harder to find.

http://www.skinet.com/warrenmiller/events/the-music-hall

Porstsmouth, NH is:

FREE LIFT TICKET TO SUGARBUSH

Everyone attending Like There's No Tomorrow will receive a voucher good for One (1) FREE lift ticket to Sugarbush Resort, valid Monday through Friday, anytime during the 2011/2012 winter season. Coupon not valid 12.12.11 through 1.1.12, 1.14.12 through 1.16.12, and 2.18.12 through 2.26.12. Not valid with any other offers. No refunds. Non transferable

BUY ONE GET ONE FREE AT SUGARLOAF

Everyone attending Like There's No Tomorrow will receive a voucher to Sugarloaf good for One (1) 2 for 1 lift ticket valid Sunday through Friday, from Opening Day 2011 through Closing Day 2012. COUPON NOT VALID: Saturdays and the Holiday Periods of 11.25.11 through 11.26.11, 12.25.11 through 1.1.12, 1.14.12 through 1.16.12, 2.18.12 through 2.26.12 and 4.13.12 through 4.15.12. Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts or offers and holds no cash value. Vouchers can be redeemed at any lift ticket window. No refunds. Non-transferable.

BUY ONE GET ONE FREE AT SUNDAY RIVER

Everyone attending Like There's No Tomorrow will receive a voucher to Sunday River good for One (1) 2 for 1 lift ticket valid Sunday through Friday, from Opening Day 2011 through Closing Day 2012. COUPON NOT VALID: Saturdays and Holiday Periods of 11.25.11 through 11.26.11, 12.25.11 through 1.1.12, 1.14.12 through 1.16.12, 2.18.12 through 2.26.12 and 4.7.12 through 4.8.12. Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts or offers and holds no cash value. Vouchers can be redeemed at any lift ticket window. No refunds. Non-transferable.

BUY ONE GET ONE FREE AT GUNSTOCK

Everyone attending Like There's No Tomorrow will receive a voucher to Gunstock Mountain Resort good for One (1) 2 for 1 lift ticket voucher good from Opening Day until 1.31.12. Coupon not valid 12.25.11 through 1.01.11 and 1.14.12 through 1.16.12. Not valid with any other discounted offer. No refunds. No cash value. Non-transferable.

$25 OFF A TOTAL PURCHASE OF $50 OR MORE AT PUTNAM’S

Everyone attending LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW will receive a voucher good for $25 off a purchase of $50 or more, including sale items. OFFER EXPIRES 12.15.11.

BenedictGomez

I saw the Warren Miller flic last year in Manhattan and it was the worst I've ever seen in terms of lift ticket swag:

BOGO to Jiminy Peak (WTH that lives in NYC is likely to go skiing at Jiminy Peak?)
BOGO to Mountain Creek (you cant pay people to go there)

So, to summarize, no free tickets, and 2 BOGOs to places that people who live in NYC are highly unlikely to use.

ScottySkis

I saw the Warren Miller flic last year in Manhattan and it was the worst I've ever seen in terms of lift ticket swag:

BOGO to Jiminy Peak (WTH that lives in NYC is likely to go skiing at Jiminy Peak?)
BOGO to Mountain Creek (you cant pay people to go there)

So, to summarize, no free tickets, and 2 BOGOs to places that people who live in NYC are highly unlikely to use.

you should have them on Craigslist, Mountain Creek at night midweek is nice night skiing, I do not like Jiminy Peak but it is always crowed there.

BenedictGomez

you should have them on Craigslist, Mountain Creek at night midweek is nice night skiing, I do not like Jiminy Peak but it is always crowed there.

lol, yup. I wound up selling them and at least covering the cost of the film. Plus, the skiers who bought the BOGO's saved a decent bit of $$. Everyone's happy.

abc

The Geigerrig deal sounds great if another Clymb deal pops up, But sharing the book/trading tickets seems like a possible problem as I saw something on the site that you have to have the hydration unit with you? Much like having to wear the Descente jacket to the window. Anyone have experience using the passbooks in the past? Can you take a single ticket out of the book and use it or do you need the whole book?
I've used it last year. No one ever asked about the hydration pack. No one has asked for the book either (although of the latter, I tend to tear it off the book near the window because I didn't want to lose the coupon--being very disorganized person I am).

abc

Hope it not mostly M-F like the Geigerrig this year.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

I'm glad I bought one last year. This year's one will be totally useless to me. They won't be selling me a hydration pack with all those M-F tickets. Hope they sell a bunch to the housewives and retirees. ;)

ScottySkis

http://m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-mail/messa...TEXT&op=html&.ts=1346096445&.intl=us&.lang=en Steep and Cheap .com to have great deals and and $5 2nd day shipping over the Labor the weekend.
ec

rocojerry

Keep an eye on TireRack.com for deals. I've often picked up a discount for buying four snows well in advanced of snow season. Sometimes their total price reflects a manufacturer rebate in the form of a branded gift card, so just be aware of that. Still, if you can get a sale and rebate, they often have a cheaper price than buying local and getting a free mount. I find the dates for the sales and rebates can vary by manufacturer. Signing up for their email newsletter might not be a bad idea.

Just got this in the mail, tirerack.com/getready
Tire Rack Exclusive: Get Ready. Get Fifty.
When you purchase a set of four (4) select winter / snow tires you may be eligible to receive an American Express®-branded Reward Card valued at up to $50 by mail. Offer valid on tires purchased from Tire Rack’s in-stock inventory between 12:00 a.m. EDT August 22, 2012 and 11:59 p.m. EDT October 5, 2012.
Offer valid only in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (includes APO/FPO addresses) while supplies last. The offer does not apply to Canadian residents.

mediamogul

Got this in my email:

Sugarloaf

There's no better way to build stoke for ski season than a premiere of the year's baddest ski movie. That's why we've teamed up with TGR to host the premieres of their latest opus "The Dream Factory."
Join us for the movie in Portland, Portsmouth, Orono, or Farmington, and you'll leave with a free early-season lift ticket, valid at either Sugarloaf or Sunday River.
We'll also have swag to throw out, stickers to slap on everything in sight, and of course, the most badass ski movie of the season.
Dates and Locations are as follows:

• 9/28: The Music Hall, Portsmouth, NH
  • 9/29: Port City Music Hall, Portland, ME (Two showtimes!)
  • 11/8: Collins Center for the Arts, Orono, ME
  • 11/14: Lincoln Auditorium, Farmington, ME
Buy your tickets online today to secure your spot and your free lift ticket!

http://www.sugarloaf.com/EventsActivities/Movie_Premiere_Landing_Page.html