Skiing on the Cheap - 2012-13 Edition - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 739
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Hopefully you didnt throw them out. The last few years they haven't changed the sticker color and my guess is they wont do so this year either. Just peel those babies off the 2011-12 ones you have and affix them to 2012/13 and you're good to go. I'm probably the only person who's thrifty (read: cheap) enough to think to do this, but it works.
    That's a great idea, good thing I kept them. I'll have to fill up once at one of the gas stations to get the new coupon and that will be my confirmation of the sticker color. On my coupon from last year I had my gas receipts attached; should I transfer two receipts to the new coupon with the stickers? Or should I not even bother with the receipts and just put the stickers on there? I doubt they would check the dates on the receipts anyway. More thrifty=more skiing


  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    Thanks for the update. Now, my editorial comment:

    BOGOs - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I find them everywhere, all season. Discounts abound before xmas. Gimme a better break than that.It's apt to be in the 70's come December, given the way this summer has shaped up (or down).
    Wow, that is harsh! 50% off works for me.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by k123 View Post
    That's a great idea, good thing I kept them. I'll have to fill up once at one of the gas stations to get the new coupon and that will be my confirmation of the sticker color. On my coupon from last year I had my gas receipts attached; should I transfer two receipts to the new coupon with the stickers? Or should I not even bother with the receipts and just put the stickers on there? I doubt they would check the dates on the receipts anyway. More thrifty=more skiing
    I didnt take the chance, I put 2 new gas receipts on each new card I got after filling up in ski country. But the 2 new receipts I stapled on were from local NJ gas stations not in the program (i.e. the mountain may check the dates of the receipts, but they have no idea what is/isnt a participating gas station).
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  4. #44
    reefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Somewhere Outside
    Posts
    1,237
    Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post
    Wow, that is harsh! 50% off works for me.
    Glad you said it. WTF Billski? I see it has it's own post now and people seem very excited. I use a few of these every year with my friends. Guaranteed to get a good 6-12 primo ski days there before the 16th. Negativity already? WOW.
    Here's a couple from last year! Two excellent ski days!


    East Fall 11/8/11





    powerline 11/23/11 (yes powder day, 12+)


  5. #45
    steamboat1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY/Pittsford,VT.
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by reefer View Post

    Here's a couple from last year! Two excellent ski days!


    East Fall 11/8/11

    Upper East Fall was sweet early season last year because the let it bump up. They should let it bump up more often.

  6. #46

    :(

    Of course they are of value. Ah, the lack to intonation on the interspace. All I'm saying is that they are really, really easy to find. Most places handed them out left and right last season. That is no surprise to anyone. I had more than I knew what to do with. Anyways, I never pass up posting a deal, even though 95% of them I'll never use.

    Now about that negativity... piget te offendisse
    Maybe its the weather
    Or maybe it's the fear of global warming
    Or maybe just senility setting in
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    Of course they are of value. Ah, the lack to intonation on the interspace. All I'm saying is that they are really, really easy to find. Most places handed them out left and right last season. That is no surprise to anyone. I had more than I knew what to do with. Anyways, I never pass up posting a deal, even though 95% of them I'll never use.

    Now about that negativity... piget te offendisse
    Maybe its the weather
    Or maybe it's the fear of global warming
    Or maybe just senility setting in
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

    SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

  8. #48
    Hey, you "outted" me. Wait a minute. You guys knew that all along!
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

  9. #49
    fahz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Capial Region, NY
    Posts
    195
    TY Skier4Life - For the BOGO to Killington. I did use a Killington BOGO early last season - cheaper ticket and the second made the first cheaper.

    BenedictGomez never thought about peeling the stickers have a bunch somewhere from last couple seasons & the idea about using other current gas receipts simply brilliant! Hopefully they do it again this fall.

    The Geigerrig deal sounds great if another Clymb deal pops up, But sharing the book/trading tickets seems like a possible problem as I saw something on the site that you have to have the hydration unit with you? Much like having to wear the Descente jacket to the window. Anyone have experience using the passbooks in the past? Can you take a single ticket out of the book and use it or do you need the whole book?
    Last edited by fahz; Aug 16, 2012 at 2:05 PM.

  10. #50
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,854
    New Liftopia deals for Attitrash and Wildcat - Also Burke
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.