• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2012-13 Edition

fahz

Fundraiser

My daughter is selling them as a fundraiser for her dance team I have a sample at home will provide greater details on the specifics of the ticket. The more she/I sell the cheaper dance team is for us so let me know if you are interested

More details
Ours is the Capital Region 2013 - Albany, Clifton Park, Schenectady, Troy & Surrounding Areas
Many restaurants and activities the ski areas are
Otis Ridge - in MA is BOGO (4) with some holiday date restrictions 12/26-12/28/2012, 1/21/2013 & 2/18-2/22/2013 valid thru 12/2013
Plattekill - Catskills in NY is BOGO (2) date restrictions 12/26-12/31/2012, 1/19-1/21/2013 & 2/16-2/18/2013 valid thru 12/15/2013 (2) BOGO Snowtubing evening same date restrictions
Willard - Greenwich, NY is BOGO (2) valid Tues-Friday not valid weekends or holiday weeks valid thru 3/15/2013

http://www.betterworldfundraising.com/enjoythecitybooks-ny-capitalregion.html for some NY mountains are listed here, You have to spend $20 it looks a little confusing.

Last edited:

mlkrgr

Sugarbush is doing nada this year. Me thinks they are moving into the "premium product" corporate phase of life. We may be moving into an arms war with Stowe.

Well, I'm pretty happy about the quote I got from them (at least for some of the dates I'm considering). I'm looking to arrange a trip for a nonprofit group out of Greater Boston/North of Boston area (1 day bus trip style). The trip would be geared to helping entrepreneurs who love skiing network. Any Sunday - Friday January 2-18 would be $33/ticket for the group (Saturdays are $43). Otherwise, the pricing is a bit high considering that a bus will add $35/person/seat if I hire one myself (assuming I fill it completely). I will be looking at a few other considerations as some members want to try to keep it to a 2.5 hour drive each way, including just hiring a bus trip operator from the area (as I know they can run the trip at a lower price for many resorts/dates than I can unless something excellent comes through). Looking to keep the price of the trip below $80/person too (including bus and ticket cost) which should be doable.

Smellytele

Well, I'm pretty happy about the quote I got from them (at least for some of the dates I'm considering). I'm looking to arrange a trip for a nonprofit group out of Greater Boston/North of Boston area (1 day bus trip style). The trip would be geared to helping entrepreneurs who love skiing network. Any Sunday - Friday January 2-18 would be $33/ticket for the group (Saturdays are $43). Otherwise, the pricing is a bit high considering that a bus will add $35/person/seat if I hire one myself (assuming I fill it completely). I will be looking at a few other considerations as some members want to try to keep it to a 2.5 hour drive each way, including just hiring a bus trip operator from the area (as I know they can run the trip at a lower price for many resorts/dates than I can unless something excellent comes through). Looking to keep the price of the trip below $80/person too (including bus and ticket cost) which should be doable.

Okay so you have 2 weekends to choose from during a semi slow time so they are doing what?

mlkrgr

Okay so you have 2 weekends to choose from during a semi slow time so they are doing what?

It's a skiing trip with a good touch of networking added in. Of course, we will keep the skiing part mostly open but will at least try to help people pair up skiing such that we would have people match up by ability level shortly before the bus pulls in. There's also a meet up time for lunch so that networking can be done over that (and a meet up time for people who may want to ski over lunch but want to network with someone else). We would be hiring the bus to keep transit costs down for everyone and to make it an attractive trip to those who live in the city but do not have any cars (as a bus would cost much less for them than a Zipcar).

ScottySkis

Last edited:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
My little ski club, ACE is closing in on special discount days for over a dozen ski areas in New England. These are not your standard deals, and they are restricted to members only. There is also a media deal under exploration. Details will be released in late October. All this on top of all the usual deal suspects. You know if billski is involved with deals it can't be that bad!

ScottySkis

http://potterbrothers.com/discount-tickets/#flex Finally great prices on several ski hills with in a few hours of NYC discounts from Potterbrothers which has several stores in Mid Hudson Valley of NY.
flex_.png

Last edited:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Ski Vermont Passes went on sale yesterday. The 5 coupon book is already sold out but it appears 3 coupon books are still available.

http://store.liftopia.com/s/ski-vermont-cloud-store
Looks like it is completely sold out in less than 48 hours. Glad I jumped yesterday as soon as I saw the email. Moving to the web certainly increased the rate at which these sell out considerably! Gotta get on within 24 hours or you loose out. Gotta wonder how Ski Vermont will adapt the program next year given the speed of the sell out via online sale? It was never meant as a public sale before but every year word spread more and more. Going online certainly tipped the rate of acquisition like never before!

bheemsoth

Looks like it is completely sold out in less than 48 hours. Glad I jumped yesterday as soon as I saw the email. Moving to the web certainly increased the rate at which these sell out considerably! Gotta get on within 24 hours or you loose out. Gotta wonder how Ski Vermont will adapt the program next year given the speed of the sell out via online sale? It was never meant as a public sale before but every year word spread more and more. Going online certainly tipped the rate of acquisition like never before!

I just went through my e-mail and couldn't find anything from them - despite ordering passes in the past. Oh well, there are other deals, and I'm sure through this thread we'll do just as well this season as we would have with the SkiVT Passes.

steamboat1

I never ever received an e-mail & didn't get one this year either. I've been purchasing them for years. They always sent me a letter with the order form to do it by mail or a fax number if I wanted to do it that way. This year they only sent me a little postcard telling me when they were going on sale & how to purchase. I bet a lot of people got it & threw it out thinking it was junk mail.

steamboat1

They've always sold out within a few days, even with the old snail mail system. Granted 48hrs. is quick. I know quite a few people that have been shut out in the past because they sat on it for only a couple of days.

andyaxa

Wow.... Is it me or has the SkiNH 5th Grade Passport really gone down hill over the past few years? Passport
Peak seems to have withdrawn all three properties and the number of tickets per participating mtn as well as bonus items seem to have dwindled. Maybe "dwindled" is extreme, but certainly reduced...