• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2012-13 Edition

mlkrgr

Here's my tally (lift ticket portions of bus fares is calculated by the tally between lift and bus and bus only pricing):

Sunday River bus trip lift ticket portion: $37
Stowe bus trip lift ticket portion: $39
Simon Mall gift card fee for 5 Waterville vouchers: $9

Grand total for 7 days skiing: $85. Though, I did spend at least 3x that much on transit.

elks

Don't think this has been posted yet. Last weekend I booked a Sunday night stay at Jay Peak in a brand new 1 bedroom condo for $220. This included 2 adult lift tickets and 2 kids lift tickets for Sunday AND Monday, plus access to the water park for all 4 again on Sunday AND Monday, free Internet access, and daycare for the two kids both days as well. I booked the deal over the phone with Jay's reservation at 800.451.4449.

wtcobb

If you're looking for some new gear, Amazon has some good deals on helmets/goggles currently. Picked up a pair of Smith I/O goggles myself. Most of their stuff is around 50/60% off through April 14. There's a special page for all the deals - just do a search for "ski" and you'll see the banner ad at the top of the page.

ScottySkis

Just got email from Mountsnow, this weekend the 4-13 and 14 Saturday and Sunday ski one day for $55 or both days of the weekend for $65 that is so so cheap and a great deal.

steamboat1

[h=2]World Lift Ticket & Season Pass Discount[/h] Bring a lift ticket or season pass from another resort and receive 25% off weekend and 50% off midweek 1-day lift tickets here at Killington. Discount applied to adult rate only.
Each lift ticket from another resort is valid for one discounted Killington lift ticket and must be turned in to ticket seller at time of purchase. Season pass holders from other resorts will need to present their season pass and one other form of ID to receive one Killington lift ticket per day.
Offer valid Monday, April 8 through the end of the 2012/13 season. Lift tickets from Killington Resort dated April 1 or later do not qualify for this promotion. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offers.

[h=2]Killington Season Pass Holder Bring a Friend[/h] Current Killington Season Pass and NOR'BEASTER Spring Pass holders may bring up to two friends per day to receive 25% off weekend and 50% off midweek one-day lift tickets. Current Killington Express Card holders can bring one friend per day for the same discounts.
Offer valid starting Monday, April 8 through the end of the 2012/13 winter season. Discount applied to adult ticket rate only. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offers.

MommaBear

Anyone know of any deals for this coming week (4/17-4/21) for Stowe or Sugarbush? Didn't find anything using search.

elks

Anyone know of any deals for this coming week (4/17-4/21) for Stowe or Sugarbush? Didn't find anything using search.

Are you open to Jay Peak instead? They are having some amazing offers right now. Best to call as the lowest rates (Golf cottage lodging + ski & splash) are not advertised online.

MommaBear

Are you open to Jay Peak instead? They are having some amazing offers right now. Best to call as the lowest rates (Golf cottage lodging + ski & splash) are not advertised online.

Thanks! Its possible...I know the Killington deal (and picture Andyzee posted yesterday) are certainly making us reconsider our choices. Nice to have choices this year!

sull1102

Is the Killington lift ticket deal valid for lift tickets from this year or does it have to be the same day?

elks

I don't know what the Killington deal is like, but two days of skiing, plus waterpark and lodging for 2 adults (and two kids) for $200 is hard to beat or resist!

MommaBear

Is the Killington lift ticket deal valid for lift tickets from this year or does it have to be the same
day?

I'm reading it to be from this year. Will find out Saturday.

And thanks, Steamboat1, for the post about the drop in price on Sugarbush!

steamboat1

I'm reading it to be from this year. Will find out Saturday.

And thanks, Steamboat1, for the post about the drop in price on Sugarbush!

I read it to be any ticket/pass from any resort. K tickets & I'd assume Pico tickets have to be dated before April 1. I'll see you at the pond skimming Sat. MommaBear. I won't be skiing but still plan on using the discounts for my friends. I even have one free anytime ticket that came with my pass that I didn't get to use myself that I'll be giving to a friend. FYI K also lowered ticket prices to $59. They also said they'll be running lifts in the Canyon & on Snowdon for the weekend.

ScottySkis

Are there any lift ticket "buy in advance" summer deals going on this season?

Yes I got a email from liftopia.com saying buy tickets for Stratton yesterday but I didn't look at it. http://www.liftopia.com/ski-resort-info/resort/802019/VT/Stratton-Mountain.htm?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Stratton+Lift+Tickets%28save+53%25%29&utm_content=Liftopia+Deal+Alert+-+53%25+off+Stratton+Lift+Tickets&utm_campaign=Stratton+Deal+Alert+-+7-25-13+&email=zager77%40yahoo.com

http://www.liftopia.com/resort_detail.php?ResortId=3707 season pass for Platty .http://www.skiandrideny.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17&Itemid=19 $1000 season pass for most of NY hills, you can ski weekends and no black outs at any hill and give to friends it is season pass with use at a lot great places. Use as many times as you want at the hills that accept it, Plattekill, Hunter, Gore, Whifteface and many others accept this pass.

Last edited: