• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2012-13 Edition

ScottySkis

Once again you left out info as well as words. :razz:

Mountsnow youth pay there age this Sunday. So if a youth is 19 years old they pay $19. Which is a great deal and probably bring out lots of teens and familys. So I was asking if some regular MT Snow people think it will be very crowded, I have my price Chopper book so I can go to Gore instead and am thinking about doing that.

Smellytele

Mountsnow youth pay there age this Sunday. So if a youth is 19 years old they pay $19. Which is a great deal and probably bring out lots of teens and familys. So I was asking if some regular MT Snow people think it will be very crowded, I have my price Chopper book so I can go to Gore instead and am thinking about doing that.

is there a date for this?

Smellytele

Wow, $44 a bottle, who'd a thunk it, amazing. Anyone ever had Goebel's beer, we used to buy it for $4.95 a case. It was pretty watery, reminded me of Coors.

Oh yes I have had Goebel's back in the late 80's. I also drank generic "BEER" from Purity Supreme. White can - black letters "BEER" that was it on the can. good stuff!

mlkrgr

Nacski is running a bus January 12 to Sunday River for $76 for bus ride and full day lift ticket after a $26 Facebook coupon code from their Facebook page. Coupon is only good til 1/9 though. Get there at Woburn at 5 am or Braintree at 4:30 am and let the bus do the rest of the work. It's pretty nice as you get there around 8:30 am which is 1-2 hours earlier than other Boston area bus services. A little more expensive than their $68 rate for the first 25 seats last year but still a good deal overall (and you don't have to pay for parking unlike their biggest competitor).

I would make it if I could but it doesn't look like it would work for me right now.

https://www.nacski.com/mr/booking.aspx?r=ma-bos

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Saddleback

• $10 Bring a Friend Ticket -- Every Wednesday except holiday periods. Purchase an adult day ticket for $49 and your friend's ticket is $10. ( Not available Feb. 20th)

• Maine Days - $29 lift tickets for Maine residents on these Sundays: Dec. 16, Jan. 6, Feb. 3, March 3 and April 7.

ScottySkis

Well I was going to post this in the Killington cheap lift ticket question, and I can not find it so I will post it here Potterbrothers flex tickets for K on 3 Fridays http://www.potterbrothers.com/p-1030-killington-mountain-flex.aspx
1030.jpg
1/25,2/8, and 3/8 $50 must buy in a store not online. http://potterbrothers.com/our-shops/

Wally Brown

This year I am getting the Attitash / Wildcat Vertical Value card. I like both mountains and I like staying in North Conway. It costs $89; but, that includes your first lift ticket. The first time you use it you start saving $$$. Savings any day, even holidays, Mid-weeks you only pay half price, check out either website for details.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Saddleback invites members of the Hospitality Industry to a day of free skiing on Monday, January 14th. Bring proof of employment or have your employer email us a list of staff names

abc

It's a good price if you can use the tickets. I almost hit the buy button until, upon close examination of the "book", almost all of the tickets are only good for M-F!!! :(

(since I don't get paid when I'm not working, it cost me a lot more than the lift ticket to ski mid-week...)

Quite a shame since I like this pack more than the one I bought last year (but last year's offer was much more useful, vouchers good for Sun-Fri instead of M-F)

Smellytele

Just a reminder at Burke/Jay this weekend

If you belong to a ski and/or snowboard club, then Saturday is your day. Ski & ride for just $30 during our 3rd Annual Ski Club Open House. Present your ski club membership card/ID at any ticket window to receive your discount.
Enjoy a day on our slopes and join us for an apres ski party at the Tamarack Grill starting at 2pm with free appetizers and raffle prizes! PLUS the opportunity to ski Jay Peak on Sunday, January 13 for just $30 or $45 for skiing and water park access.
Spend Saturday night at the Comfort Inn for just $99.99/room. Must show your ski club ID at check in. Call 866-464-2408 to reserve your rooms today!

rocojerry

Don't remember seeing this one this year...
http://www.pointfm.com/ski-and-ride-2013#skiareas

half-price lift tix with a 3$ coupon book

Sugarbush - January 11
Mad River Glen - January 18
Trapp Family Lodge - January 20 **cross-country ski event**
Smugglers' Notch - January 25
Burke Mountain - February 1
Bolton Valley Resort - February 8
Ragged Mountain - February 15
Dartmouth Skiway - February 22
Sugarbush - March 1
Bolton Valley Resort - March 8
Burke Mountain - March 15
Stowe Mountain Resort – March 22
Jay Peak – March 29

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Checkout your health insurance coverage.

Ways for Harvard Pilgrim members to save in 2013

1. $10 off any 1-day adult lift ticket purchased online
  2. $10 off a 1-day, Learn to Turn Lesson Package (includes lift ticket, lesson and rentals)
  3. $30 off a “Bring a Friend” package which includes a daily lift ticket for (1) skier and Learn to Turn Package for first-timer purchased online