• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2012-13 Edition

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Summer solstice has arrived and the clock now ticks toward Winter solstice. The days will only grow shorter from here. As much as three minutes per day once we hit September!

It will only be five weeks until the August ski sales begin. Other than club summer bulk ticket sales, November is the month to watch for preseason ticket deals. But to find all the other "real deals", look here.

Let the cheapness begin! :smash:

dartmouth01

I don't have anything in particular to post yet, but recently I've become addicted to slickdeals.net. It's a deals site with a great forum base. Go there, register and set up deal alerts for skiing, etc. I promise you'll love it!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I don't have anything in particular to post yet, but recently I've become addicted to slickdeals.net. It's a deals site with a great forum base. Go there, register and set up deal alerts for skiing, etc. I promise you'll love it!

+1 I'm on Slickdeals all the time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jaytrem

I picked up a new Geigerrig hydration pack that came with a 2012-2013 passport book....

http://www.geigerrig.com/passport/index.html

This year it did indeed come with a Sugarbush winter ticket (last year it showed up online as a ski ticket, but was only a summer ticket in the actual book). The bad news is almost all the tickets are now Monday-Friday. And a few that used to be freebies are now 2 for 1s. Most are still freebies and there are lots of new areas (Grand Targhe,e whoohoo!!!). I paid about $45 with shipping, so it was pretty much a no brainer.

nycskier

Sessions & Flow still have their search and win promo going on where you can win free snowboard & ski gear.

This is the Session Search + Win site:

and this is the Flow Search + Win site

While not as good as the old Rossignol promo which unfortunely was discontinued, I still mangage to get some pretty good stuff from both the Session & Flow sites. I got a free pair of Snowboard socks from Flow & a ski jacket & an iTunes gift card from the Sessions promo. It's worth doing them & its fun to think about skiing & riding every time I do a google search

abc

. I picked up a new Geigerrig hydration pack that came with a 2012-2013 passport book
I paid about $45 with shipping, so it was pretty much a no brainer.
Where did you find one for $45?

I got one last year but it was closer to $100. Now that they changed it, I would hesitate to pay another $100. But $45 would be a different story. (Sun-Thu is ok by me, just use it for Sunday, Saturday is too busy anyway)

jaytrem

Where did you find one for $45?

I got one last year but it was closer to $100. Now that they changed it, I would hesitate to pay another $100. But $45 would be a different story. (Sun-Thu is ok by me, just use it for Sunday, Saturday is too busy anyway)

This year I bought it from gearbuzz.com, last year from the theclymb.com. Both websites are the limited time offer type sites. There's a good chance it'll show up again. Hopefully somebody will post if they see it.

Also of note, the Descente Passports will include Whiteface and Gore this year. Don't know if they're going to be M-F also, hope not.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
West Coast Skiers and Riders- DEAL ALERT!

The SnowBomb Card is on sale for $60 (reg price $150) until July 15 only:
*THREE FREE LIFT TICKETS
*TWO FREE NIGHT HOTEL IN RENO

bousquet19

From the mid-Atlantic, SnowTime Resorts (Liberty, Roundtop, Whitetail) has gotten around to setting and posting season's pass prices for 2012-13. Regular rates are $439 before 10/31, and $639 after that. No change from 2011-12, except purchasers the previous March-April paid $429 for a 2011-12 pass. Mountains of Distinction discounts continue (12 more resorts incl. Jay, Jiminy, Sunapee, Okemo, Shawnee, Wintergreen, Seven Springs), as do special rates at Stratton and Breckenridge http://www.libertymountainresort.com/mountain/tickets-passes-equipment/season-pass.aspx

New this year is a bonus of $50 in Resort Cash if you buy your pass before the end of September. Glad to see that "extra" ... that's several good sandwiches, accompanied by a favorite beverage.

Woody

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Ski NH Anywhere, Anytime Ticket Package

Ski NH Anywhere, Anytime Ticket Packages On Sale Wednesday, August 1st!

It is already time to start thinking about skiing and riding for the 2012-13 winter!

Our Ski NH Anywhere, Anytime Lift Ticket Packages go on sale Wednesday, August 1st at 10am.

Inventory for this winter has been reduced by more than half, so we expect many areas to sell out very quickly. If you are interested in purchasing tickets this year we encourage you to do so when the tickets go on sale.
Details:
Save $10-$18 On Adult Weekend & Holiday Lift Tickets!
*Tickets are transferable, so you can share them with family and friends.

*Tickets are valid any day, including weekends and all holidays.

*Redeem at the ski area for an all day lift ticket, a twilight lift ticket or a night lift ticket.

*Quantities are extremely limited, so once we sell out of a specific ski area, those tickets will no longer be available.

Simply create your package of 6 or more lift tickets by choosing the specific mountains you want with no more than 50% of your lift tickets to any one mountain. (In the case of a six ticket purchase, however, you can order four tickets to one area and two tickets to another area.)

You can choose from any or all tiers of mountains, but you must choose the specific mountain you plan to visit!

• $68 per lift ticket for Bretton Woods, Loon Mountain
  • $58 per lift ticket for Cannon Mountain, Gunstock Mountain Resort, Mount Sunapee, Waterville Valley
  • $45 per lift ticket for Cranmore Mountain Resort, Pats Peak, Ragged Mountain
    (Pats Peak tickets not valid for Saturday Night POP program.)
  • $30 per lift ticket for Black Mountain, Dartmouth Skiway, Granite Gorge Ski Area, King Pine Ski Area
  • $20 per lift ticket for McIntyre Ski Area
    (McIntyre tickets not valid for Skitubenboard Saturday night program.)
Phone & fax orders ONLY will be accepted during the early August sales period. The order form will be posted here in late July.

Online ordering will be available beginning in early September.

To learn more visit our website at SkiNH.com.

Please call or email us if you have any questions.
(Phone: 800-887-5464 x0, Monday-Friday, 8a-4p)

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Not quite tickets/equipment, but any known deals on snow tires this early?
Keep an eye on TireRack.com for deals. I've often picked up a discount for buying four snows well in advanced of snow season. Sometimes their total price reflects a manufacturer rebate in the form of a branded gift card, so just be aware of that. Still, if you can get a sale and rebate, they often have a cheaper price than buying local and getting a free mount. I find the dates for the sales and rebates can vary by manufacturer. Signing up for their email newsletter might not be a bad idea.

wtcobb

Keep an eye on TireRack.com for deals. I've often picked up a discount for buying four snows well in advanced of snow season. Sometimes their total price reflects a manufacturer rebate in the form of a branded gift card, so just be aware of that. Still, if you can get a sale and rebate, they often have a cheaper price than buying local and getting a free mount. I find the dates for the sales and rebates can vary by manufacturer. Signing up for their email newsletter might not be a bad idea.

Thanks for the tip!

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I know it's a super secret and people and I'll probably get hazed just for discussing it in public, but does anybody know when the SkiVT passes are sold?