• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Welcome to the 2013 East Coast Ski/Snowboard Meet

Mpdsnowman

Please join us for our Sixth Annual

2013 East Coast Ski/Snowboard Meet

Thursday February 28th thru Tuesday March 5th 2013

0001-40df56e2-4d557c33-bef7-9bad7f01.jpg

Come along for our 6th year in a row as we do this meet in the most epic way possible! We have reserved the 800 and 900 blocks of slopeside condominiums (ride/ski in, ride/ski out) with everything you need!

419706_310367079017307_553084242_n.jpg

These condominiums are located literally at the tram base (across from the moon glades) Ride/Ski in and Ride/ski out at your convenience! Take advantage of being right there and because it is Mardi Gras week, we can enjoy the events the resort has planned to the fullest. No driving worries, no loading and un loading of gear. First and last trax every day! Once we are there we are all set!

Package price:
$640.00 Per Person

Package Includes:
5 nights lodging in a slopeside condominium
6 days of Lift tickets
6 days of full waterpark access

Plus!
Opening night buffet dinner (sponsored by Moe’s Southwest grill)

moes_coupons_2011.jpg

Evening mardi gras keg parties with all the beer, non-alcoholic and snacks (sponsored by Magic Hat Brewery)

420251_310367112350637_682524561_n.jpg

And
Zico pure coconut water electrolyte beverage

398406_1820295205052_1465129342_n.jpg

And Much Much More!

Download our 2013 PDF Brochure:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23274091/2013 east coast meet final brochure.pdf

Get in early and download the registration form now!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23274091/registration form.doc

Deposits

Bookings start July 1, 2012. The First non refundable deposit of $200.00 per person ($500.00 for group condos) must be sent in along with the registration form.

The Second deposit of $220.00 per person is due by November 1st.
The Third and final balance of $220.00 is due by January 15th.

(For group condos second and third payments will be $278.50 per person)

Sound like fun? Click the videos below to see what its really like

Lets go get some glades!

Party Time!

Roster information

Once we receive your completed registration form you will be added to the roster as “committed”. Once we receive your initial non refundable deposit you will be changed to “confirmed” and guaranteed your spot for the meet.
Due to the high volume of interest particularly with the group condos I suggest you get your deposits along with the registration form in once July 1st bookings start.

Roster Update as of January 22, 2013

33 Members committed
9 Members confirmed

Special Events

Growler BIG AIR competition 2013!

807800635_xKskG-M.jpg

Once again were going back to the rock @ green beret and take flight in our very own growler big air competition!

Demo Days
gilly1.jpg

index%7E%7Eelement59.jpg

You want Never Summer, we got it! Thanks to Gilly’s, we will again have a selection of boards to demo during the meet. This is your opportunity to learn to ride the boards you always wanted to and get updated information!

Spots are limited and you dont want to miss the most epic Ski and Snowboard meet the internet could ever conceive!!!

6 Years and still finding stash spots!

424961_309189735801708_1026967357_n.jpg

Check back here to this original post for more updated information as we get closer. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask in here or pm me.

Additional information and updagtes can be found on my facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Epic-Snowboarding-Meets/154554981265185

Last edited:

Mpdsnowman

Hey guys if you have any questions at all dont hesitate to ask in here. Some of you have come to my facebook and thats great! but dont be bashful to ask in here because other members will read it and get answers to alot of questions.

I know this is the first time the meet has been on here and believe me i am very excited to bring it to you. Theres noplace in the world like Jay and just from reading the threads over the past few months I can tell theres alot of vetran members here and many of you love jay.

If you never been, ohhh boy you cant beat this package, plus you will be skiing and riding with people who really know that place even better than many of the employees there.. Even group sales and others in the office take a day or two with some of us because we really do get em burried in the powder lol....

We even do a day trip to "big Jay" and the "dip" runs several times over the week.

185779_157440850976598_6752462_n.jpg

So please dont be hesitant to ask. I will answer everything.
Carmen

Mpdsnowman

State of the art Water Park

This years package includes unlimited use of their new state of the art waterpark. If you have never been in it, It is a blast! Their normal day pass was $35.00 per day. That btw is going up soon. They dont even give discounts to pass holders except on weekdays..

Our cost per day is $12.00 and like I said you have all day and night to use it.

387669_246892542031428_440914951_n.jpg

wtcobb

How many people are needed/what is the cap for a group? Is it still the same overall price for a group condo with just the initial deposit being higher?

Thanks!

Mpdsnowman

We have a total of 10 condos reserved that hold six per condo which would make the roster complete at 60. If we sold the spots out and others wanted to go group sales at Jay peak will give me first dibs on any open condos in that circle(slopeside). Right now there is a firm 36 going. Many of them signed up as soon as they left last year.

The price per person of $640.00 is the same for everyone including the people who wanted a group condo. The group condo deposit is just a little higher than an individual deposit just to make it easier to secure the condo. Several condos last year wanted to come back in 2013 and be with the same people as they were with this year(Its funny, just a few months ago it was Winter lol). People really do become lifelong friends on this trip, that starts pretty quick actually.

Hopefully I answered your question and again dont hesitate to ask anything! But for the basics right now we have a 60 person roster and 10 of their best slopeside condos reserved.

23418_1099763512210_5828270_n.jpg

23418_1099761472159_2295446_n.jpg

26083_1103949536858_451702_n.jpg

Mpdsnowman

Charles I received your registration form and added you to the roster.

Roster is updated (On the original post)

For those not familiar with Magic Hat Brewery they have really helped me out over the years. Based out of Burlington they have hooked us up with some real cool door prizes and certainly a great variety of beer. Of course for the evening parties we also have non alcoholic drinks too and people do bring stuff to drink they are comfortable with.

If you never been to their plant its a pretty cool place for a day trip...if you like micros.

Last edited:

Mpdsnowman

Big Jay

With the help of some locals who really know the deal. There will be day trips to hike and ski/ride Big Jay. For those that do not know Big Jay is their version of Back Country (BC) where you would hike or skin your way to the summit and rip truly natural untracked powder! We generally do this twice or three times during the meet. Its a great way to get familiar with some BC skiing/riding,

429073_10151373744065545_1421845686_n.jpg

417369_10151373741945545_1987054691_n.jpg

lol
428609_10151373716080545_946750683_n.jpg

We also do evening runs thru "the dip" which is the out of bounds section off timbuktu

428575_10151373728080545_201842592_n.jpg

Mpdsnowman

Ohh we beacons, shovels, radios, cell phones and all the goodies. Thank god we never had to use anything here on the east...Theres plenty in the parties too so everyone is in check. This is a really good beginner hike it isn't like anything you would experience like utah or Berthouds pass, Co where we actually have trained dogs that go along....But it is a perfect stepping stone and introduction to BC entry. Nobody goes alone and we have several security checks along the way. We pride ourselves on safety...always have...:smile:

The whole trip takes about two hours...Big jay really isnt all that remote

807339103_jEZMj-M.jpg

P1010024.jpg

We have had our share of senarios...We limit the risk for this best we can...
Picture229.jpg

Last edited:

Mpdsnowman

No thats a ski racing helmet scott had. He likes it because it does have extra cushion for blows. It was an old style type Regardless if he was skiing or riding he wears it. Its a good thing he was wearing it. That sinkhole was in powder country Utah. We ended up in a ravine rather than the road lol. We had to hike approximately two miles along the ravine river and he just simply fell thru that hole. It was about six feet deep. He put his ice claws on the tips of his boots and was able to climb out ok..

Eventually we found the road and were able to get back to the pickup point..

182957_154707384583278_6149743_n.jpg

Last edited:

Mpdsnowman

Just as a quick heads up, there are a couple from here already on the roster and I just wanted to let you know look for a private email from me next week or shortly after. You will generally get 3 or 4 private emails from me with updated information.

Its still Summer time but were getting close. Forecasts for this Winter really look promising. Of course anything will be more promising than last year.

Soon enough though...
183926_1307722911065_146074_n.jpg

Mpdsnowman

Well I can tell people are starting to think Winter. I have updated the roster on the initial post of this thread. Two more signed on from Ottawa. I also have a couple more confirming the group condos. If anyone has any questions dont hesitate to ask.

Were gettin there..

807340076_9Vod8-M.jpg

Mpdsnowman

Group Condos

Due to the popularity of the slope side condos, we now have a "group condo" option. The purpose of this is to secure the condo you want along with your friends and other family members.

Several people have been asking me how it works. I know alot of people didnt even go on a Winter excursion last year due to the historic weather we had. This year it seems people are really motivated to ride/ski or whatever your winter pleasure may be.

Below is an example of how the group condo works:

If Dan in this example wants to book a group condo the first thing he should do is contact the other five people he knows to verify they are actually going. All he has to do is fill out the registration form which is modified to accommodate group condos. Just send that in with a $500.00 deposit to secure the condo. If you want a ground floor you have to specify that because those go quick. That $500.00 deposit can be split between all six members which would be $83.00 each and should be paid back to Dan asap.

Now at this point its Dan's job to secure the remaining monies from the other five. That should be easy because once he secures the condo he doesn't have to give me any more money until November or per our conversations...If everyone wanted to utilize the time frame of the payment schedule they would only have to come up with $279.00 by November and the final payment of $279.00 in January(Assuming they paid the $83.00 deposit back to the Dan). I would work with the Dan to verify what if any balances on the condo are left come January.

The only key to this is communication. If anything it will teach you that lol. Basically you want to make sure the other 5 are going and you have to make sure you get all their monies (which again I dont see that being any issue) coordinated.

The advantages are you get to go in the condo you want and give you the opportunity to include your friends (be it you met at a previous meet or not) and family members.

Right now I have three group condos in progress and I think two more actively setting it up. That would mean almost half of the condos are going so if your still on the fence get in! I know this is new to this forum but I can honestly guarantee you that you will want to come again and again!

If anyone has any questions dont hesitate to ask me.

807340676_37vfc-M.jpg

Mpdsnowman

Roster update with demographics

I often give roster updates and demographics so people can see where people come from. I update this as we move closer into Winter. Normally I would not do this now but reaction is fast this year, it looks like a lot of people are itching to get out. You will notice the wide range of demographics. Just another reason why this truly is the most epic ski/snowboard meet the internet could ever conceive!

8 from NY/LI metro area
6 from Upstate/central/western NY
2 from VA
3 from OH
2 from NJ
2 from PA
4 from DE
3 from MA
1 from RI
1 from CT
2 from VT
2 from MD
3 from Canada
2 from London UK

Total of 41 so far. Roster has been updated..

189018_157440607643289_5969581_n.jpg

Mpdsnowman

Just as an update guys I have modified the roster on the initial post we had a few more sign up. Looks like Winter is knocking on our doorstep. If anyone has any questions dont hesitate to ask!

421353_1952505150218_1825507256_n.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
No thats a ski racing helmet scott had. He likes it because it does have extra cushion for blows. It was an old style type Regardless if he was skiing or riding he wears it. Its a good thing he was wearing it. That sinkhole was in powder country Utah. We ended up in a ravine rather than the road lol. We had to hike approximately two miles along the ravine river and he just simply fell thru that hole. It was about six feet deep. He put his ice claws on the tips of his boots and was able to climb out ok..

Eventually we found the road and were able to get back to the pickup point..

182957_154707384583278_6149743_n.jpg

Pretty creepy ! I wasn't sure if it was a tree well at first.

Mpdsnowman

Naaa those ravine sink holes will get you every time lol... The funny thing was he really didnt get wet (you can see the water running underneath him)...If anything its a good example as to why you really need to be prepared anyplace you go...

Mpdsnowman

I am going to be sending a private email by the end of the week to everyone officially on the roster. I am also putting together a deal for the Wednesday night before the meet actually starts. In the past I would rent out the snowline lodge but since it sold the resort is giving me a really epic deal for just sleeping the night before. Better than anyone else will get for sure!

Keep in mind the actual pass starts that Thursday morning so for those driving in from long distances (see roster demographics) if you want first trax that morning you may want to arrive the night before (wednesday). We usually get about 16-20 members who arrive the night before.

So if your on the roster look for a private email from me. If you wish to join this meet there are still spots but we have verbal and email commitments with the forms and deposits coming in so if your thinking of going on this trip you might want to get ahold of me.

I dont like to leave anyone out....for obvious reasons lol

26083_1103949536858_451702_n.jpg