• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Photo upload error

o3jeff

I just tried the one I was having a problem with the other night and it still won't work. The above pic is off a camera while the one that I can't get to load is off my iPhone(2.4 mb)

Puck it

I just tried the one I was having a problem with the other night and it still won't work. The above pic is off a camera while the one that I can't get to load is off my iPhone(2.4 mb)

The one above is only 79.9kb though. I can post one that small too.

icon_STE_black.jpg

o3jeff

It's a size issue, I shrunk one down and it went thru.

bvibert

Staff member
Might be a PHP configuration issue. I seem to remember some limitations with PHP uploads, or possibly there's a configuration file on the server that needs to change? This would be in addition to changes to the gallery software.

My question is; do you really need to upload >2mb files for forum viewing? Seems like kind of a waste of space and bandwidth to me.

Jeff's ~80kb image is plenty big.

gmcunni

My question is; do you really need to upload >2mb files for forum viewing? Seems like kind of a waste of space and bandwidth to me.

i agree BUT the flip side is, if i have to go thru extra steps (edit/reduce size) do i care enough to post the pictures? ease of use = (hopefully) more use

o3jeff

Might be a PHP configuration issue. I seem to remember some limitations with PHP uploads, or possibly there's a configuration file on the server that needs to change? This would be in addition to changes to the gallery software.

It should take whatever size photo I send it. Do you want me to post my pics from Hooters as 4 mb or 4 kb?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Well I think it resizes it from a pixel perspective. Im not sure about actual size. In other words ... if it's larger than 2MB i don't think it uploads at all.

IN order for it to resize, the server needs to have the original version first and then resize it. So basically 2 files for each 1 on the site.

I'm not sure what if anything changed. WIll keep checking it out .. who knows