• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Photo upload error

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'm giong to try one more thing. I'm having Imagemagick installed on the server. Up to now, we've been using GD for the image manipulation. Maybe IMagemagick will be better. I think I read it works on more file types, so perhaps that is the issue?

just a thought. I also want to reenable the flash uploader (it's way faster and you can select multiple images at once).

Will update more later!

bvibert

Staff member
8M / 128M respectively

That should work, for files less than 8M, but an FYI on "post_max_size"

http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.post-max-size said:
Sets max size of post data allowed. This setting also affects file upload. To upload large files, this value must be larger than upload_max_filesize. If memory limit is enabled by your configure script, memory_limit also affects file uploading. Generally speaking, memory_limit should be larger than post_max_size.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Actually I had another issue. When I did work on some of the server performance issues earlier, I changed the caching opcode to APC. When I did that, I removed some of the built in security that PHP has with mod_security. That is OK because the server AZ is on is strictly owned by AZ and only runs AZ sites (basically; AZ, SkiMRV and SkiADK). If it were a shared server it wouldn't have worked.

Anyway, when I made that opcode change, the php.ini file that was in each site's main directory becomes unusable since the global php.ini is now used across all sites.

It should be good now though. Yay!

o3jeff

Actually I had another issue. When I did work on some of the server performance issues earlier, I changed the caching opcode to APC. When I did that, I removed some of the built in security that PHP has with mod_security. That is OK because the server AZ is on is strictly owned by AZ and only runs AZ sites (basically; AZ, SkiMRV and SkiADK). If it were a shared server it wouldn't have worked.

Anyway, when I made that opcode change, the php.ini file that was in each site's main directory becomes unusable since the global php.ini is now used across all sites.

It should be good now though. Yay!

I was going to suggest you look at that!

gmcunni

if you are looking to improve site performance you might want to get an upgraded flux capacitor.

gmcunni

error today - first file was 1.5 m, then tried smaller at 173K -

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 127

Command:

"/usr/local/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 81x160 -quality 70 -geometry 81x160 -unsharp 10 '/home/alpinez/public_html/forums/gallery/data/1505/thumbs/IMG_0904.JPG'