• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

best burger ever

Geoff

I don't do burgers very often but when I do, I make them myself from meat I grind myself. I will not buy store hamburger and I distrust restaurant hamburger. I usually use 50/50 USDA select beef chuck and pork loin in grinder attachment for my KitchenAid mixer. I also make Italian sausage burgers from 100% pork loin (fresh crushed garlic, ground fennel, fennel seed, oregano, paprika, salt & pepper).

Philpug

I am a simple man with simple needs. Charlies Burgers in Delco...great milkshakes too.

ctenidae

I had White Castle the other day. Say what you will, not even sure if there is meat in those burgers, but damn those little things are tasty!

My wife and I grabbed White Castle on Sunday, the first time for either of is. I am absolutely 100% positive beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is the last itme either of us will ever eat a White Castle product. The meat wasn't, the buns are brown'n serve, the fries had no color, flavor, or texture, and what the hell is a chicken ring? I award them no points, and may God have mercy on their souls.

ScottySkis

I had White Castle the other day. Say what you will, not even sure if there is meat in those burgers, but damn those little things are tasty!

why White Castle when you have all those great burger places by you, I wonder if you ever tried Westchester Burger I always saw it but never got to try the place?

ScottySkis

Big nicks pizza place in NYC it on the Columbus Ave and 71 street, great cheap price and lots of burgers to choose from. http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...celebrates-50th-birthday-with-60-cent-burgers

http://www.yelp.com/biz/big-nicks-burger-and-pizza-joint-too-new-york I ate there yesterday burger is the best I have ever had for sure, small place yes but so worth it, anyone in NYC who like burgers has to check it out. http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...celebrates-50th-birthday-with-60-cent-burgers
417035_436219914985_247934976_n.jpg

Last edited:

4aprice

Don't forget to "Tuck the tails" (a little Jersey humor):razz: Had one of the best cheeseburgers I've ever had at the top of Pow Mow. Don't know if we were just extremely famished from skiing but man it was good.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

deadheadskier

Staff member
Read that this morning. I've had quite a few on that list. I was kind of surprised to see Green Street in Cambridge not on that list. It's one of the more popular burgers in town among restaurant industry workers.

wa-loaf

I was starting to get scared, but then was happy to see RF O'Sulllivan's at the top of the list. It counted down in order, right? But does that make 5 Guys number 1?

I believe they were voted on by readers. There's probably enough trolls who think 5 guys is the best damn thing in the world. As far as chains go, I had a Smash Burger out in CO and that was much tastier than 5 Guys. I think they've come as far east as NY, so hoping they can work their way into NE.