• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Summer Olympics 2012 in London

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Yeah, I saw that via G+ but I think they aren't following the solution through to its logical conclusion. People need to unplug completely from basic cable if they don't like how the major networks are handling things. All the major networks would run the Olympics like this so it isn't just a matter of not watching NBC. Ratings matter somewhat but a major network will always do the Olympics regardless of ratings being lowered by a very limited number of well connected individuals (that actually care to boycott something that they want to watch). If you are paying for basic cable, you aren't speaking out loud enough against the services being provided.

deadheadskier

Staff member
leave it to the Brits to come up with a BS rule where women beach volley ball players are no longer required to wear a bikini. :rolleyes: wtf? :blink:

ctenidae

leave it to the Brits to come up with a BS rule where women beach volley ball players are no longer required to wear a bikini. :rolleyes: wtf? :blink:

At least, leave it to the Brits to have weather so crappy you have to wear long sleeves to pay beach volleyball...

A lot of anger, it seems, over the new gymnastics rules and how they pick the all arounders.

SkiFanE

Network TV will always suck at Olympics. When they hire people like Ryan Seacrest to comment, you know it doesn't give a damn about the actual sports. Cripes...could not believe he was involved with this. Meredith Vieria? Can't even remember what she was blabbing about it, but it was irrelevant.

We don't pay for TV, haven't since 1999. Hasn't done squat to change the pay TV industry. Oh well...

We were in Paris the first half of the Lillehammer Olympics (1994), got to see live coverage - remember seeing the ski racing...one racer after another, top to bottom....ALL of them, even the sucky ones. It was tough to pull away from TV to see the sights lol. THen got home to US for second half, and 50% of broadcast time was spent on the Tonya Harding/Nancy K crap...their drama wasn't even discussed outside the US. This sucky coverage is nothing new.

Mens cycling was lots of fun to watch, but we wanted the Colombian to win...damn!

Puck it

McKalya Maroney's vault in super slow mo. Imagine what this girl could do on a set of skis if that was her sport. pretty incredible

http://deadspin.com/5930714/relive-mckayla-maroneys-phenomenal-vault-in-super+slow-motion

I could not believe the height when I saw it last night. If you look during the final rotation there is a break in her feet and her arms could be a little tighter to body. But how do you see that at full speed.

Must have been the French judge.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Anybody using the NBC Olympic iPad apps (there are two of the)? I think the video quality on them is embarrassing.

SKIQUATTRO

Thought: Understandably there was some upheaval with the USA uniforms being made in China....why is no one talking about BMW being a major sponsor of the US Olympic Team?

ctenidae

Thought: Understandably there was some upheaval with the USA uniforms being made in China....why is no one talking about BMW being a major sponsor of the US Olympic Team?

Making the uniforms in China meant a missed oportunity for a pretty good set of ads, but Ralph Lauren doesn't really advertise like that anyway.

I've been confused byt eh BMW thing for a while, too. Do they support the German team, too?

bvibert

Staff member
Making the uniforms in China meant a missed oportunity for a pretty good set of ads, but Ralph Lauren doesn't really advertise like that anyway.

I've been confused byt eh BMW thing for a while, too. Do they support the German team, too?

Nah, they're sponsored by Chrysler.

MR. evil

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olymp...olympics-testing-positive-134606296--oly.html THC in some ones system should not get them thrown out of the games, if anything it makes you tired.

I agree 100%, and being a Judoka myself I can say with certainty that there is no possible advantage that being stoned would give you in a judo match. However it's against the rules, he knew that, and until the rule is changed I don't feel sorry for the guy.

On a related note, a woman that trains in the Boston area won a Judo gold medal. The first U.S. gold in Judo ever (men or women). Very cool!!!!

legalskier

:eek:
Colbert commenting on one US rower's curious flag salute during the medal ceremony:

legalskier

Olympic divers on the toilet
8ddb8878dc0311e1957d22000a1e88b6_7.jpg

More- http://weknowmemes.com/2012/08/photoshopped-olympic-divers-on-the-toilet/