Summer Olympics 2012 in London

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Smile Summer Olympics 2012 in London

Anyone following this so far? The most interesting thing I have heard about so far is the 100M dash qualifiers, the tie for third place that went to the 1000's of a second.

Apparently one of the runners is backing out from the run-off (Jenebah Tarmoh), which means the other runner (Allyson Felix) will get to compete in the Olympics. I think that was wierd, what more fair way to determine who gets to go to the olympics than a run off?

http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/02/je...allyson-felix/
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Anyone following this so far? The most interesting thing I have heard about so far is the 100M dash qualifiers, the tie for third place that went to the 1000's of a second.

Apparently one of the runners is backing out from the run-off (Jenebah Tarmoh), which means the other runner (Allyson Felix) will get to compete in the Olympics. I think that was wierd, what more fair way to determine who gets to go to the olympics than a run off?

http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/02/je...allyson-felix/

Sounds like Tarmoh is upset because she was originally awarded third place but it was later determined to be a tie. NBC must be pissed, was probably going to give a boost to the trials rating tonite.

Yeah, I think it would have been like a kentucky derby of the 100m dash.
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

They(the games) should be good... The US teams(track) seem filled with good athletes. I've been watching a lot of the swimming. Lots of good USA swimmers ~17yo!!!! Haven't seen any canoeing(flatwater nor WW), but always love that. CBC usually gives me the best coverate up here. I seem to remember that NBC is notorious for cutting & pasteing coverage, combined with Costas' personal Cold Wars with countries strong in the events....usually ends up with commentary as interesting as Pravda's 6pm News of the World...used to be.
    SteveD

looks like NBC will be streaming every event live online, with the requirement that you need a current cable subscription that includes CNBC and MSNBC. http://www.nbcolympics.com/online-listings/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by soposkier View Post
    looks like NBC will be streaming every event live online, with the requirement that you need a current cable subscription that includes CNBC and MSNBC. http://www.nbcolympics.com/online-listings/index.html
    Does Direct TV count as a "current cable subscription"?
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

I just signed up for NBC streaming through Comcast Xfinity. I need to find the DVI/HDMI cable to put it up on my plasma screen.

Psyched it's in London as that means the tennis events will be played on grass. The coverage won't be as good, but it's almost like getting two Wimbledon's in one summer, which is my favorite tournament of the year.

I'm excited for the Track and Field events. It will be interesting to see how the US sprinters stack up to the Jamaicans. Bolt was a bit off in the Jamaican trials with Yohan Blake beating him in both the 100 and 200. Bolt was getting off to terrible starts, but maybe he was just making sure he didn't false start like he did in last year's world championships. And now he apparently has an "injury".
    Both Gatlin and Gay are neck and neck with the two Jamaican stars. It will be interesting to see who gets left off the podium.

I'm also interested to see if Ashton Eaton will go for a new Decathlon record or just simply try to win the gold.
    You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by from_the_NEK View Post

I'm also interested to see if Ashton Eaton will go for a new Decathlon record or just simply try to win the gold.
    I haven't been following it. It seems like every four years, the media hypes some US decathlon guy who is a total bust in the games. Is this another instance of this?

Thread Information