• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where do you find leftovers?

redwinger

Is there a good site out there for leftovers? I want to find 2012 Experience 88's - new one's not demo's. I figured with the bad year I'd be able to snag some cheap but everywhere I look they're still $599.

Hawkshot99

They dont exist. In order to save Rossi $, and the shops they have started a new 2 year program. So for next year the Exp 88 is 100% identical to the 12' model. So rather than sell them cheap the shops just hold onto them for the next years stock.

skidmarks

They dont exist. In order to save Rossi $, and the shops they have started a new 2 year program. So for next year the Exp 88 is 100% identical to the 12' model. So rather than sell them cheap the shops just hold onto them for the next years stock.

Sad but true! They do roll over to 2013, but it's a mute point for us because we sold them all. Check out the Dynastar Legend 85 or 94 also a great ski.

http://suburbanskiandbike.com/Dynastar-Legend-85-11-12-178-AMFR0027/

thetrailboss

Staff member
You can certainly Google them and see what you find. LevelNineSports.com has some good stock. Evo does as well.

As these guys suggest companies are responding to the downturn, in part, by making less skis so that there is less inventory left over and the stores don't get burned. As a result, prices stay high, if you can find your size at all this time of year. I had not heard of them keeping the same exact model (graphics and all) though.

Hawkshot99

As these guys suggest companies are responding to the downturn, in part, by making less skis so that there is less inventory left over and the stores don't get burned. As a result, prices stay high, if you can find your size at all this time of year. I had not heard of them keeping the same exact model (graphics and all) though.

The manufacturers are dfinatly producing less gear than years ago, when you could find tons of leftover. They take all of the orders that are placed(most must be in by Jan./Feb. for the next season), and add a small % of increase to have for special orders. I have been amazed a few times, when calling to do a special order of a popular item in September and been told they are sold out for the year. Shops really have to guess right on what will be the hot items to stock for the next year, and buy alot of it.

The Rossi Exp. line is the first time that I have heard of a manufacture not changing a product in any way, in order to have it carry over to the next years gear.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I think that you might be able to find some online, but you won't get the firebrand price that you may want. Are there similar models that would work?

Hawkshot99

I think that you might be able to find some online, but you won't get the firebrand price that you may want. Are there similar models that would work?

I dont know for sure but I am guessing no on that as well. Most manufacturers(including Rossi) put a minimum price that the product can be sold for online before a certain date(this helps protect the brick and mortar store) Now obviously that date has long passed for this past year, but Rossi may tell shops they cant sell these skis till that date of the second year.

I have no idea if that is real or not, just a guess based on the fact that I have not seen any sales of the EXP. line at all. I do not deal with any of the online sales at the shop, maybe Skidmarks might know.