• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Site Redesign!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I am gonna try to fix it but its not as easy as just reversing the image because that also reverses the northeast guide to mountain adventure text. So I have to go back to the psd and isolate it out. And while the site looks the same on both forums and content they really are distinct so changes need to be made in 2x places

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bvibert

Staff member

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hmm.... shouldn't have dropped off. I did do a photopost upgrade a while ago but I thought everything was still there. Is there anything from 2008 showing up?

bvibert

Staff member
I can see images in my own gallery from 2008, and the images from this thread in 2008 are still showing:
http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php?43002-Ski-Sundown-11-29-08&highlight=sundown

Maybe Gary just removed the pictures of the Schwinn that I was looking for? Even if that was so I'd expect some sort of error message, not just being redirected back to the index...

In my search I also found a link to a thread that didn't work:
http://forums.alpinezone.com/23211-ski-sundown-1-26-08-a.html
I think that one may have been from before Greg deactivated the SEO plugin that he had been running for awhile, which changed the URLs. I'm pretty sure he had them redirecting after he disabled it though. It's probably not a big deal that there's some broken links from way back then anyway.

BTW - The gallery overflows the AZ-Fixed theme, which makes part of it unreadable over the background...

az_gallery_overflow.jpg

bvibert

Staff member
Also, minor annoyance, some of the buttons (like Post Quick Reply) change the button text to white when they're hovered over, which makes them hard to read since they have a light grey background. Not really a big deal since most people probably know which button they want to press before they hover over it, but I'm weird.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
what do you mean copy & paste? I can copy and paste.

Also, what do you mean about uploading pics? There are more options now than before. You could never drag and drop pics.

steamboat1

Nick I've tried to copy & paste an article several times & it doesn't work for me on this site. I don't have problems on other sites.

I wanted to add a picture to a couple of my posts. When I click browse some kind of folder comes up with pictures I've posted on this site in the past. Not the pictures from the 'My Pictures" folder on my computer. Yes I can add a picture to the folder that comes up & then post it but it takes several steps to do so. By that time I find it's not worth the bother.

This has been my experience anyway.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Bizarre, copy and paste is working fine for me. Can you give me an example of an article you are having issues with? Maybe a URL so I can try? (Anyone else having this issue)?

Regarding adding pictures (as attachments), both versions of vBulletin (the old and the new) would popup a new window where you could then browse and upload images. It was never just one click to the my folder on your computer, although I do see now you need to click "add files" after opening the attachment manager.

The new version allows a few additional options as well, including (a big one) adding images inline in your posts, plus the ability to catalog and see other attachments you have previously put in.

I can dig around though and see what else I can find for options or plugins. As far as I can tell there might be one additional click to add an attachment.

bvibert

Staff member
Bizarre, copy and paste is working fine for me. Can you give me an example of an article you are having issues with? Maybe a URL so I can try? (Anyone else having this issue)?

Regarding adding pictures (as attachments), both versions of vBulletin (the old and the new) would popup a new window where you could then browse and upload images. It was never just one click to the my folder on your computer, although I do see now you need to click "add files" after opening the attachment manager.

The new version allows a few additional options as well, including (a big one) adding images inline in your posts, plus the ability to catalog and see other attachments you have previously put in.

I can dig around though and see what else I can find for options or plugins. As far as I can tell there might be one additional click to add an attachment.

I haven't had any problems cutting a posting here.

The attachment manager definitely adds a step or two to the process, it's annoyed me a few times too.

You could always put your attachments in-line, the process just wasn't automated. The problem I have is that the inline attachments are too damn small now (unless you've changed it in the last 2-3 weeks since I last tried). Also, when I select the inline option it always puts the attachment at the very beginning of the post, instead of where ever I had the cursor when I selected the attachment option. So, I have to cut and paste it to where I wanted.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I just made a few tweaks. I can disable the attachment manager if we want and go back to legacy style.

I also just changed it so the attachment shows full size.

Test here:

Cannon Skis First Iteration.jpg

steamboat1

Nick the copy & paste seems to be working for me now. I tried without posting & it seems to work. A couple of weeks ago I tried to copy & paste the K policy about pets on the mountain off their website & add it to the thread about bringing dogs to the mountain & it didn't work. I just tried again & it does work. I had other experiences that I tried & it didn't work but can't remember exactly what I tried. Like I said it seems to be working now.

I still have the same issue with pictures though. If I use the insert image function it asks for a URL. I don't have a URL for photo's in the "my pictures" folder on my computer so I'm forced to used the "Manage Attachments" function on this site. As I said a folder comes up with pictures I've already posted on the site. It does have an "add files" function but it takes a few steps to finally be able to post the new picture I want. It just isn't worth the bother for me sometimes. On other sites I go on they have a tab on the bottom which say's "browse" & my "my pictures" folder comes up & I can pick a photo & upload it directly without any additional steps. The pictures also come out full size unlike the way they come out when using the "manage attachments" function in this site.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my previous post's.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
OK attachments are bigger now.

I can disable the 'advanced attachment' options. I don't know if the drawbacks are worth it.