• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Less and less sunlight.

2knees

come on guys, summer is fun as is fall. enjoy each season. It isnt even august yet!!!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Well ya gotta figure. You probably only get 60 or 70 summers and winters in your lifetime (that you can actually "do" stuff, I'm not including your infant years). Gotta make the most of each one!

Riverskier

Half way through the typically 6 month long off season, as opening day should be in about 3 months!

I enjoy Summer activities, but not Summer weather. Right now I mostly have my sights set on Fall and the arrival of cooler air, but it is nice to know that skiing isn't really all that far off.

John W

Football Season begins for us METS/JETS fans tomorrow and with it the Fall Kickoff. Midtown Manhattan had a bit of a fall breeze in the shade today and it was the first time I have felt that this year. There is something to do in every season. And I love to do all of it.

But like most of us on this site, Scotty, Riverskier, Myself, all of us can't wait for the snow to fall. The southern hemisphere is having he winter we missed. I for one am jealous... And had I not started a new JO, would have tried for Las Lenas or Portillo this year. That said I am looking forward to a better year and think we will get it...

Lets go Jets and lets go cold weather!!!

ScottySkis

599774_455028467862904_53874257_n.jpg
well this is one great thing about summer.

Cannonball

I'm in the arctic now and the day length is getting shorter by 10 minutes per day (compared ~2min/day in New England). Even though the days are still a lot longer here than back home, it's amazing how it creates the feeling of racing towards winter.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'm in the arctic now and the day length is getting shorter by 10 minutes per day (compared ~2min/day in New England). Even though the days are still a lot longer here than back home, it's amazing how it creates the feeling of racing towards winter.

That is cool .... what do you do?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Marine Ecology. In Chukchi Sea now. With some down time, and a surprisingly good internet connection...

That's awesome, cannonball. That must be really cool and interesting. You can probably even see Sarah Palin waving to the Russians. Lol. ;).

We go away to the shore the week before labor day every year. And sunrIse is a minute later and sunset a minute earlier every day. 10 minutes is huge! Must be cool to experience.

Cannonball

That's awesome, cannonball. That must be really cool and interesting. You can probably even see Sarah Palin waving to the Russians. Lol. ;).

We go away to the shore the week before labor day every year. And sunrIse is a minute later and sunset a minute earlier every day. 10 minutes is huge! Must be cool to experience.

Ha, yeah, that's a running joke on board. We are a hell of a lot closer to Russia than she ever was.

The fact that it's puking snow right now adds a nice touch to my fantasies of turns this season.