• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burke Snowmaking Upgrades for 2012/13

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I can't read the name QBurke without this image popping into my mind:

QBurke.jpg

Attachments

• QBurke.jpg
    QBurke.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 69

nekgirl

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Hi Everyone,
Hannah here from Burke.
jaytrem, you are correct. The QBurke Inc. designation refers to the holding company and ownership configuration that owns and operates Burke Mountain Resort. The designation Burke Mountain Resort refers to the property that we’ve all come to know and love and that designation will remain unchanged. Thanks and see you this winter!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hi Everyone,
Hannah here from Burke.
jaytrem, you are correct. The QBurke Inc. designation refers to the holding company and ownership configuration that owns and operates Burke Mountain Resort. The designation Burke Mountain Resort refers to the property that we’ve all come to know and love and that designation will remain unchanged. Thanks and see you this winter!

Thanks for the clarification Hannah! The press release was a little confusing, so glad you could clear it up for us!

Zand

An article on the snowmaking: http://vtsports.com/major-snowmaking-upgrades-at-burke

Note that they are going to open much earlier this season...fingers crossed.

I'm not sure why BMA is mentioned. Did they chip in for snowmaking upgrades on Warren's Way? I imagine that, like GMVS at Sugarbush, they have to pay rent/money for use of the slopes.

Well... more like they're gonna open when everyone else does rather than some random weekend in late December. Out of the 3 years I've been here, they've only opened once before LSC left for Christmas break lol. The blog on the website says Black Friday so they finally get with the times of everyone else. Shouldn't be hard seeing as (according to some site I saw), it's the coldest mountain in the east.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well... more like they're gonna open when everyone else does rather than some random weekend in late December. Out of the 3 years I've been here, they've only opened once before LSC left for Christmas break lol. The blog on the website says Black Friday so they finally get with the times of everyone else. Shouldn't be hard seeing as (according to some site I saw), it's the coldest mountain in the east.

I think they were going to push for opening earlier than that.....

Zand

Be cool if they did... hopefully this November actually turns out cold unlike the past few.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Got this via email last night...

Breaking News & Updates
You can feel it in the morning air-winter is on its way! Our major snowmaking upgrades are in progress-Little Dipper is complete with new snow guns and work begins today on Bear Den. 90 new snow guns arrived at the mountain a few weeks ago and there are still 50 more on the way. We are starting our snow dances early and if temperatures and weather permits, snow guns are scheduled to fire up as early as November 6 in hopes of a late November opening. If this doesn't get you excited about the upcoming winter, maybe some big news will. We are thrilled to share with our season pass holders and guests that we will have some big announcements coming your way on Thursday, September 27. Please join us at the Tamarack Grill between 4 and 6pm with the new owners and partners of Burke Mountain, QBurke Resorts, and the Burke management team. We will be gathering with State and Federal officials to announce plans for the future of Burke Mountain and the surrounding area.

It will be interesting to see the plan :)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Methinks that Bill and Ariel found some spare EB-5 change in the seat of their car and are going to use it to build a hotel/conference center at Mid-Burke.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Reposted from an old thread...

My guess is, after snowmaking upgrades (which are easy to plan and execute in a few months), something like this will be the first new thing we see at Burke.

Mid_Burke_Hotel-Lodge3.jpg

Mid_Burke_Hotel-Lodge2.jpg

Mid_Burke_Hotel-Lodge.jpg

Mid_Burke_Hotel-Lodge4.jpg

jimmywilson69

I also bet it looks similar to the structures built at Jay, which I think were well thought out. Plus the hotel creates the jobs that are neccessary to justify the investment, which is the key to the whole project.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Look closely at my rendering. The Bear Den is still there :) Hopefully they keep it (somewhere) on the mtn. The construction technique used to build it should make it fairly easy to disassemble and move if they wnated to.

Move it up on the mtn where the pavilion is!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Methinks that Bill and Ariel found some spare EB-5 change in the seat of their car and are going to use it to build a hotel/conference center at Mid-Burke.
Hotel & Conference Center would be a great add for Burke. Combine that (if that is what it is) along with the new HSQ, better snow making, and a commitment to early season and Burke is really going to launch itself into the big time. Plus all of those folks coming over from Jay on the combo pass. Sleeply Burke may be a thing of the past once that hotel goes up. The NEK doesn't really have much for conference centers, right? Outside of Jay at least...