Burke Snowmaking Upgrades for 2012/13 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I could be wrong, but isn't QBurke the name of the company that now owns Burke, not the actual mountain? Are you guys complaining because you think they changed the name of the ski area? Or do you not even approve of the company name? That seems a bit silly. But yeah, is they change the name of the actual ski area I could understand the complaints.

Kind of like the 80's video game Qbert?
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by jaytrem View Post
    I could be wrong, but isn't QBurke the name of the company that now owns Burke, not the actual mountain? Are you guys complaining because you think they changed the name of the ski area? Or do you not even approve of the company name? That seems a bit silly. But yeah, is they change the name of the actual ski area I could understand the complaints.
    Exactly, that is why I'm not complaining about it. It is not like "QBurke" is going to be used in their marketing materials. Oh, wait.... The pdf press release keeps refering to Burke Mountain as "QBurke Mountain Resort" . Hopefully that isn't a trend that continues.
    You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

On another note the snowmaking plan sounds like an improvement on the existing snowmaking and not really an expansion to new trails. I wonder if there will be any new trails covered? Maybe the "snow" that is made on Ledges next year won't actually be glacial ice?
    You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jaytrem View Post
    It's the latter because it looks like they are going to put out the name QBurke.

Why not Burque?
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    It's the latter because it looks like they are going to put out the name QBurke.
    Wow, that would be a bit of an odd move. The press release from the Burke website shows two logos...

http://www.skiburke.com/assets/Uploa...king-PR2-2.pdf

"Burke True North" and "Q Burke", Guess we'll see how it plays out.

I'm not complaining, just think it sounds wierd. Until Smellytele said it, I hadn't made the connection, but that was exactly what was in the back of my mind, Qbert

1181242154219.jpg
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

I say let's have Apple buy Magic & we'll call it iMagic. It sounds better than QBurke! And I'm pretty sure Apple could make it snow in SoVT. I don't mean snowmaking, I mean actual snow from the sky. They can figure that out!

Quote Originally Posted by farlep99 View Post
    I say let's have Apple buy Magic & we'll call it iMagic. It sounds better than QBurke! And I'm pretty sure Apple could make it snow in SoVT. I don't mean snowmaking, I mean actual snow from the sky. They can figure that out!
    They actually already have the patent and are just waiting for someone else to try it so Apple can sue them.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by farlep99 View Post
    Not to get sidetracked, but IIRC wasn't Magic recently in trouble for using unauthorized references to Harry Potter with some of their newer trail names?
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information