• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe Pass??

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'm sure it is like Sugarbush: the only ones who get in trouble are those that are dumb enough to make a spectacle rather than just going about their business and avoiding busy areas/main trails.

I will never forget the guy who was bitching here about skinning at SB and getting caught when he went right up one of the main thoroughfares while extensive early season snowmaking and grooming were going on, complete with several employees at work. Not very smart.

J.Spin

Website
JandEproductions.com
Thanks, JSpin. So, as far as Stowe is concerned, just don't skin on the trails during operating hours, right?
That’s probably a decent way to look at it. As for the recent announcement about the no skinning, I didn’t get a chance to see it, but I suspect it’s like others have mentioned – that’s probably the official wording for legal purposes, but practically speaking it may not be enforced that way.

Huck_It_Baby

I'm sure it is like Sugarbush: the only ones who get in trouble are those that are dumb enough to make a spectacle rather than just going about their business and avoiding busy areas/main trails.

I will never forget the guy who was bitching here about skinning at SB and getting caught when he went right up one of the main thoroughfares while extensive early season snowmaking and grooming were going on, complete with several employees at work. Not very smart.

Haha. Common sense escapes some people.