Stowe Pass?? - Page 12

AlpineZone

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Stowe Pass??

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    For those that have not been, the amount of infrastructure for their real estate at DV is simply mind blowing. There are miles and miles of roads alone. The real estate is spread out a long ways. DV is a very large resort.
    You're not kidding, and the Canyons too. All those bridges and tunnels, I can't imagine how much it cost to build those things. Not to mention is ruins the ambiance somewhat for me. I think Deer Valley did a better job than the Canyons though.

Way off topic here, but if you look on Bing you can see one of the Canyons new ski tunnels off the back of Iron Mountain pointing directly at PCMR. Hmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post

Back to the OP, I withdraw my recommendation for a Stowe pass. It may be the best mountain in the east with the most to offer but no mountain is worth $1600+ early season rate, let alone $2000+ regular rate. I thought the early season was just $1200 or so in past years? Mid-week for $1000 isn't so bad as long as you have a work schedule with at least two mid-week days off.
    I'm still undecided on what to get. $1600 is a pricey but I really want access to Stowe. SB is $1,280 and I would go for that for sure if SB got as much snow as Stowe.

SB reports average of 269 inches per year
    Stowe reports 333 inches

Does that really equate to more powder days at Stowe?

Quote Originally Posted by Huck_It_Baby View Post
    I'm still undecided on what to get. $1600 is a pricey but I really want access to Stowe. SB is $1,280 and I would go for that for sure if SB got as much snow as Stowe.

SB reports average of 269 inches per year
    Stowe reports 333 inches

Does that really equate to more powder days at Stowe?
    I have a lot of experience at SB and 5-7 days at Stowe total. I know that Stowe, with its higher elevation and location, gets a bit more snow than SB. That said SB North is colder than SB South and gets good snow as well. Both, I think, have similar numbers of powder days, but the snow may be a bit deeper at Stowe than SB. So, for example, if SB gets 10 inches at North, Stowe may get 14, and Jay may get 20.

And I have heard that Stowe is generous to ski clubs with the discounts. In the last few season there have been an occasional deal or two midweek.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by Huck_It_Baby View Post
    I think you answered your own question.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    I think you answered your own question.

The truth is that if you are going to ski at least 20 days then the pass will pay for itself regardless of price.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

I have a lot of experience at SB and 5-7 days at Stowe total. I know that Stowe, with its higher elevation and location, gets a bit more snow than SB. That said SB North is colder than SB South and gets good snow as well. Both, I think, have similar numbers of powder days, but the snow may be a bit deeper at Stowe than SB. So, for example, if SB gets 10 inches at North, Stowe may get 14, and Jay may get 20.

And I have heard that Stowe is generous to ski clubs with the discounts. In the last few season there have been an occasional deal or two midweek.
    That is my observation as well.

also, I think Jspin has been compiling data which would definitively answer your question

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    also, I think Jspin has been compiling data which would definitively answer your question

JSpin probably does. Bolton and Stowe aren't too far off when it comes to snow accumulations. It always surprises me how folks don't know about Bolton's good snow.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

JSpin probably does. Bolton and Stowe aren't too far off when it comes to snow accumulations. It always surprises me how folks don't know about Bolton's good snow.
    And how over reported Jay's snow accumulation is.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    And how over reported Jay's snow accumulation is.
    Some say that...sometimes I think that they may but in my experience they do get a lot of snow.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information