Stowe Pass?? - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 184

Thread: Stowe Pass??

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    Weekend lines at Smuggs are 20-30 mins plus a SLOW chair up the hill. Stowe is a great option but also has congested times for the Forerunner Quad. Sugarbush gets 10 minute lines for Super Bravo Quad and longer waits (but usually worth it) for the Castlerock chair. The beauty of Mt Ellen is that there are never lift lines and there's a lot of open terrain to explore. Woods are really under rated at Mt Ellen and there are a lot of natural snow only trails. If cost is a factor - an option is the Mt Ellen plus pass that gets you five days at Lincoln Peak and allows you to ski Lincoln Peak after Mt Ellen closes.
    +1. there are tons of woods at mt ellen. no lines. its a great deal.


  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    +1. there are tons of woods at mt ellen. no lines. its a great deal.
    I'd strongly consider a ME Pass + Bash Badge Plus at Smuggs which gives you early and late season access and the $25 ticket option during the season.
    I think Bash Badge + is usually around $200. Smuggs usually opens fairly early and closes Mid April so you could ski there before ME opens/closes and chase powder for $25 if you wanted a diversion from ME during the season.
    2018-19
    Wildcat 11/10


    2017-2018 Days: 51
    2016-2017 Days: 51
    2015-2016 Days: 25
    2014-2015 Days: 36
    2013-2014 Days: 25
    2012-2013 Days: 16
    2011-2012 Days: 25
    2010-2011 Days: 24
    2009-2010 Days: 47

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhaler View Post
    I'd strongly consider a ME Pass + Bash Badge Plus at Smuggs which gives you early and late season access and the $25 ticket option during the season.
    I think Bash Badge + is usually around $200. Smuggs usually opens fairly early and closes Mid April so you could ski there before ME opens/closes and chase powder for $25 if you wanted a diversion from ME during the season.
    Do people access Slide brook from ME?

  4. #34
    snowmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In my mind, northern New England
    Posts
    4,066
    ^ There are access points at both ME and Lincoln Peak.
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmonster View Post
    ^ There are access points at both ME and Lincoln Peak.
    Awesome thank you!

  6. #36
    You can also get to the to the top of Castlerock from ME with minimal effort.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytrem View Post
    You can also get to the to the top of Castlerock from ME with minimal effort.
    I was looking at this on google earth actually. Looks like the Long trail runs the ridge from ME to CR and is more or less down hill.

    This plus Slide brook access is making the ME pass start to look better and better.

  8. #38
    snowmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In my mind, northern New England
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck_It_Baby View Post
    I was looking at this on google earth actually. Looks like the Long trail runs the ridge from ME to CR and is more or less down hill.
    That's part of the Monroe Skyline. You can do a tour from Mad River Glen to Lincoln Peak on that ridge line. It's on my to-do list.

    This plus Slide brook access is making the ME pass start to look better and better.
    IMHO you can't go wrong with that. Trailboss used to have this pass. You may want to ask him for his pros and cons take.
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

  9. #39
    I thought slidebrook was "off limits" except for the tours SB runs? Feel free to answer in PM as opposed to the open forum.
    2018-2019


    TBD

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck_It_Baby View Post
    Do people access Slide brook from ME?
    Yes, but not as obvious as from LP and therefore not as trafficked.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:41 PM.