• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe Pass??

Huck_It_Baby

Looks like I'm moving to VT (whoo hoo!) and am pricing out passes for Northern VT mountains.

Stowe doesn't list a price for an adult pass on their website. Anyone out there have a pass last year who can give me an estimate on this?

Thanks! =)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Welcome to vt. Stowe won't list until after Labor Day which is, coincidentally, after all other mountain deals are over. Last seasonit was over $1,800 for a single adult pass full season. Save your pennies....

Huck_It_Baby

Welcome to vt. Stowe won't list until after Labor Day which is, coincidentally, after all other mountain deals are over. Last seasonit was over $1,800 for a single adult pass full season. Save your pennies....

Thanks! Pretty steep cost but that's about what I was expecting.

Worth the $$? Overly crowded on the weekends? I have only been once and it was during a storm, most lifts were closed and I skiied powder all day.

Thinking my $$ might be better spent at Smugg's or Jay.

snowmonster

Stowe is a great place to ski. No question. However, cost is a personal question. I try to ski Stowe when the budget allows. Last year, they had a promo that let you ski cheaper on Sundays if you had the RFID card. I've looked into the option of getting a season pass. But, much as I love skiing Stowe, I personally didn't think it was worth the cost of a season pass. It was just too steep.

Last edited:

Huck_It_Baby

Stowe is a great place to ski. No question. However, cost is a personal question. I try to ski Stowe when the budget allows. Last year, they had a promo that let you ski cheaper on Sundays if you had the RFID card. I've looked into the option of getting a season pass. But, much as I love skiing Stowe, I personally didn't think it was worth the cost of a season pass. It was just too steep.

Agreed. Way too much. You can get a pass good for several Colorado resorts for less than 1/2 that price.

Huck_It_Baby

Where will you be living in VT ? Planning to ski a lot on weekends or weekdays ?

Burlington area. I ski always on the weekends and some during the week depending on how busy I am with work.

If there is a week day storm chances are I'm playing hooky.

jimmywilson69

Consider Sugarbush. Good, solid mountain and good service.

How old are you? last year they had a deal for people in their 20s for a season pass. It sounded like it went well, and they would likely do it again. It was an effort to get a younger crowd "sold" on the mountain.

While I like Stowe the town and ski area, if I was living in Burlington I'd probably choose between Jay and Sugarbush. This year you can buy a pass for Jay & Burke, which from what I hear is a great place to ski.

Huck_It_Baby

How old are you? last year they had a deal for people in their 20s for a season pass. It sounded like it went well, and they would likely do it again. It was an effort to get a younger crowd "sold" on the mountain.

While I like Stowe the town and ski area, if I was living in Burlington I'd probably choose between Jay and Sugarbush. This year you can buy a pass for Jay & Burke, which from what I hear is a great place to ski.

I'm 33. SB or Jay both sound great....pretty big difference in average snowfall though.

Both seem to be about 1 hour 15 minutes to 1.5 hours from Burlington.

deadheadskier

Staff member
If you can get a job with a local Stowe Area Association business, you can score cheap midweek season passes. The last year I lived in town (2001) it was $250 for a M-F Holiday Blackout pass if you worked for a local biz.