Stowe Pass?? - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Stowe Pass??

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    You got a problem with Cochrans big boy?
    Not at all. It just seemed like an odd suggestion that would not suit his needs.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Does Stowe still do single ride tickets?

Do what I did when I lived in Burlington.

Work 1 day a week at Stowe for the free season pass, and pay the minimal amount for a Smuggs season pass.

Do that? VOILA!!! You ski back and forth over the top of the mountain at will and have access to both mountains.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Do what I did when I lived in Burlington.

Work 1 day a week at Stowe for the free season pass, and pay the minimal amount for a Smuggs season pass.

Do that? VOILA!!! You ski back and forth over the top of the mountain at will and have access to both mountains.
    Such a good idea! I work full time though and don't have time for 1 day at Stowe because I'll be skiing! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Huck_It_Baby View Post
    Such a good idea! I work full time though and don't have time for 1 day at Stowe because I'll be skiing! =)
    I worked 3pm to 11pm Monday through Friday in Burlington, and worked Saturday at Stowe. Would ski about 9am to 1pm and have plenty of time to hit the showers and make it to work. Life was simpler!
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Huck_It_Baby View Post
    Does Stowe still do single ride tickets?
    AFAIK they do on the Gondola. If the reason you ask is to catch a ride up on the East side and then ski Tear Drop etc. down to Underhill for your girlfriend to pick you up, I doubt you'd take advantage of it more than once. I've never done Tear Drop or other shots off the west side, but had friends in college who would skin the west side and do those trails. IIRC it was about 2-2.5 hour skin up from Underhill. It's about an hour and fifteen minute ride from Underhill to the Stowe Gondola during winter. From the top of the Gondola it's about a 40 minute hike to the Chin to access those same backside trails. Even if the one up pass was really cheap (I doubt it is, I recall it being $9 12 years ago) just in ascent time savings (never mind fuel and ticket expense), you'd spend 2.5 hours in a car plus a 40 minute hike from the top of the gondola and only save about 2 hours hike/skin time if you were just head up from the Underhill on skins.

^ You may want to check again about the single-ride tickets. While they used to do this, I believe they no longer do. And, if they still do, I'd love to get my hands on them!
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

I'm going to date myself but at one time Stowe sold booklets with about a 1/2 dozen single ride coupons in it. We used them mostly for taking a single ride on the Big Spruce chair & then skiing over to Madonna for the day.

MRG used to have the same kind of single ride coupon books also.

I'm going back maybe 40 years or more.

Only ten years ago Stowe and Smuggs had a reciprocal relationship where if you skied over the ridge on Spruce they'd give you one complementary ride back up. I'd start my ski day pretty much everyday parking at the big pig and do the birthday bowls off the backside and catch a ride up from Smuggs. If you had a day pass, they'd just punch a hole in it to signify you had used the lift. If you had a season pass, you were supposed to go to the ticket counter where they would print you a complimentary one up ticket. We typically would play dumb and just go straight to the lift with our pass and try and milk it for a couple of laps.

I guess you'd have to add the $5 charge for an RFID card to any single ride ticket even if they still offered the single ride. They call this progress.

Thread Information