• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow - 11/25/2006

bvibert

Staff member
Looks good:

11212006081209.jpg

Mmmmmmm!!!! Snow! :snow: :beer:

Cool! Keep us posted. AZ KOD! Bwuha ha ha ha.... :angry:

I'm a bit worried about the possible NCP on Friday, but hopefully the coastal will stay far enough south.

Anti-jinx anti-jinx anti-jinx! I feel better now! :p

What's the best route from Killington to Jiminy? Looks like rt. 7 goes straight to it?

That's probably what I would do. Then again I took rt 7 all the way to K-mart from here the last time I went... :smash:

Greg

Staff member
What's the best route from Killington to Jiminy? Looks like rt. 7 goes straight to it?

I guess. There's no really fast way. Route 7 is most direct, but from Killington, it's probably 100 miles so it'll be a pretty long haul. Coming south on route 7 you will pass Brodie Mountain on your right. Soon after you will see the access road for Jiminy. Turn right and the mountain is down about 1.5 miles.

Greg

Staff member
BTW, pricing will be $35 for a full day and $30 for a 4 hour pass.

Greg

Staff member
From an Email I received from a rep at Jiminy:

We are on track for a Friday opening! We made great progress in
snowmaking efforts from top to bottom last night and the temps look
phenomenal for tonight so we are looking forward to dumping a whole lot
of snow on the mountain tonight. Of course opening is still weather
permitting and all that but we are very optimistic and all systems are
go right now, we'll keep you up to date!

Greg

Staff member
Excellent!! :beer:

E-newsletter just arrived:

Jiminy Newsletter said:
Got Snow? We Do!
Well you guys know as well as we do that good ol’ Mother Nature has not been cooperating with us snow lovers lately! But she is cooperating now and our state of the art snowmaking system is cranking and we’ll continue making snow every second that the weather permits. Friday, November 24th is set for opening day, weather and conditions permitting. 7 interconnected trails, including West Way, North Glade, Lower Glade, Upper Slingshot, 360, 180 and Cricket and 3 lifts, including the Novice and Cricket Triples and the High Speed Berkshire Express are scheduled for operation. We will operate 9 am – 4 pm each day this weekend and then close midweek to continue snowmaking efforts. Lift ticket prices will be $35 for a full day and $30 for a 4-hour pass, and all Jiminy Peak season pass types will be honored this weekend. Keep checking jiminypeak.com (which by the way has a brand new look if you haven’t checked it out yet!) and our snow phone at 888-4-JIMINY for updates – be sure to call before you travel. Are you ready to get out on the hill? So are we!

Looks pretty solid if they're sending that out!

Greg

Staff member
The forecast could be better, but despite the freezing rain/rain tomorrow, the temps don't look to be that warm. Hopefully they've made enough snow cuz snowmaking is probably done now. Maybe they can do some resurfacing Friday night. Luckily Friday and Saturday look nice so if they made enough snow, it should be some decent skiing...

Greg

Staff member
I was a little concerned so I Emailed the mountain. Part of the response:

We are still hoping for Friday but the weather permitting part is coming
in to play a bit more right now.

They hope to know more tomorrow pm. If Jiminy doesn't make it for Saturday, Hunter is my next option. If that falls through too, I'm off to Mount Snow which after the Chute clarification actually looks pretty attractive. I will be skiing somewhere on Saturday.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I was a little concerned so I Emailed the mountain. Part of the response:

They hope to know more tomorrow pm. If Jiminy doesn't make it for Saturday, Hunter is my next option. If that falls through too, I'm off to Mount Snow which after the Chute clarification actually looks pretty attractive. I will be skiing somewhere on Saturday.

Damn Greg, you're not going to be happy until you close down every mountain on the east coast,are you? :smash: :lol:

Greg

Staff member
Damn Greg, you're not going to be happy until you close down every mountain on the east coast,are you? :smash: :lol:

Now you have me worried. Maybe I am a jinx... :-o

Seriously, I've been going spastic working up contigency plans...:blink:

Greg

Staff member
So, who's gonna make Jiminy Saturday besides, myself, Greg, and bvibert?

We may be leaning towards Snow. Nothing definite yet. You can probably swing that Zee, right?

Greg

Staff member
Because I'm a wishy washy mentalcase we decided to change venues again. :blink: Jiminy is not 100% on their opening; while Mount Snow is so we're going to aim for Mount Snow this Saturday. So far it's

Me
bvibert
JimG.
andyzee

Anyone else interested?

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Because I'm a wishy washy mentalcase we decided to change venues again. :blink: Jiminy is not 100% on their opening; while Mount Snow is so we're going to aim for Mount Snow this Saturday. So far it's

Me
bvibert
JimG.
andyzee

Anyone else interested?

Spaz! ;) Sounds good. :)