• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow - 11/25/2006

Greg

Staff member
Well, snowmaking has commenced so I think an opening this week/weekend is a pretty good bet. My plan is to head up Saturday, 11/25 to ski the HBK WROD. I know a few others AZers expressed interest. Anyone planning on heading up for Saturday?

Edit: Venue change. Please see this [POST="124100"]post[/POST].

Last edited:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Very good chance, I'll be in Killington from Wednesday night, a lot depends on how much terrain will be open at each mountain. I am leaning towards Hunter on Saturday cause it's closer to home.

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
Well, snowmaking has commenced so I think an opening this week/weekend is a pretty good bet. My plan is to head up Saturday, 11/25 to ski the HBK WROD. I know a few others AZers expressed interest. Anyone planning on heading up for Saturday?

I'm counting on nothing until they actually say they are open.

These anticipation threads are bad mojo!!!

JimG.

Staff member

Bah!??? Did you just use the word Bah? Scrooge! No Humbugs please.

I was up at Hunter yesterday...between 23A being closed and the delayed start to the season, folks on the mountain top are pretty bummed out.

I was a bit disappointed with the small amount of snowmaking they had done. But, reports today say the guns were on last night and remain on this morning.

Greg

Staff member
Bah!??? Did you just use the word Bah? Scrooge! No Humbugs please.

I was up at Hunter yesterday...between 23A being closed and the delayed start to the season, folks on the mountain top are pretty bummed out.

I was a bit disappointed with the small amount of snowmaking they had done. But, reports today say the guns were on last night and remain on this morning.
Keep the faith, Jim! I'm back in "positive, pumped up, it's gonna happen" mode. Jiminy is my backup if Hunter doesn't happen.

JimG.

Staff member
Jim, If I were you I'd plan on Killington this weekend if you want to ski. Greg has definately given Hunter his kiss of death. :smash:

Greg, stick with Hunter for Saturday. :snow:

No, you don't fully understand.

Let me rephrase...we are ALL doomed.

dmc

Let me rephrase...we are ALL doomed.

OK Doctor Smith... :)
Dr.%20Smith.jpg

Greg

Staff member
It looks like they are going to up/download on the quad and run [POST="123627"]F Lift[/POST] to access the terrain. I'm kinda torn now. If Jiminy offers top-to-bottom for Saturday (they're aiming to open on Friday) I may opt for that instead. Probably the same vert but you can take advantage of the six-pack and get in more runs. Jiminy is probably a good 40 minutes closer too. Decisions, decisions.

Greg

Staff member
I was considering Hunter for Saturday, but that was dependent on terrain. If they will be downloading, I might as well just stay at K.

Bummer. Was hoping to ski with you Zee. No worries - we're still on for 12/15 at Hunter.

With that, Jim, Brian and I are collectively leaning towards Jiminy for Saturday so I'm going to update this thread's title. Jiminy is aiming for top-to-bottom for Friday. The six-pack will offer a bit more daily vert than riding the F-lift at Hunter. HPD, SOD and I hit Jiminy for early season turns last year and had a blast. So.....who else is in?

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Bummer. Was hoping to ski with you Zee. No worries - we're still on for 12/15 at Hunter.

With that, Jim, Brian and I are collectively leaning towards Jiminy for Saturday so I'm going to update this thread's title. Jiminy is aiming for top-to-bottom for Friday. The six-pack will offer a bit more daily vert than riding the F-lift at Hunter. HPD, SOD and I hit Jiminy for early season turns last year and had a blast. So.....who else is in?

Was looking forward to meeting up with you guys as well, I'll consider Jiminy, depending on conditions. What hell Greg, let's give them the AZ kiss of death as well :smash:

bvibert

Staff member
I'm getting pumped to finally be out on skis! :snow: :daffy:

EDIT: Andy, you better show up at Jiminy.... or else....

Greg

Staff member
Was looking forward to meeting up with you guys as well, I'll consider Jiminy, depending on conditions. What hell Greg, let's give them the AZ kiss of death as well :smash:

Cool! Keep us posted. AZ KOD! Bwuha ha ha ha.... :angry:

I'm a bit worried about the possible NCP on Friday, but hopefully the coastal will stay far enough south.