• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

fall weekends on the AT or wherever

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
figuring Ct/MA/NY corrider. Haven't overnighted with a backpack in decades, but recent events (politics/facebook etc... :dunce:) have created a desire for weekends in the woods. Got equipment coming this week, going to try it out local (blue trail, down the street) pretty soon. That'll let me know where I stand.Feeling optimistic, though I realize I'm slightly beat up. Anyone interested give a shout. Sober but slightly crazy a plus. Swapping stories around a small fire after a decent hike sounds like an ideal alternative to FB and television...

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
Took a local hike with my new stuff yesterday. Day trip,left from the house, hit tories den, out to a couple reservoirs, same area I mtb now and then. 12 miles fully loaded. New technology is wonderful, I felt real good. Thinking of hitting St. Johns ledges, 18 mile overnighter in a couple weeks if anybodies interested. Also would like to do Lions Head to Everett this fall. Race Brook is real nice. If no interest, solo is cool.