• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Great things you see only in New York City

ScottySkis

603417_516762971673248_572032227_n.jpg
man of plastic in the park, got to love it.:spin:

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
That is cool, Scotty. Despite being far from a ski town, NYC is still pretty cool.

About 17 years ago, when I was living on the east side, I was walking back from the park, and I am not sure if anyone is familiar with the Frick Mansion at E. 70th street., but it is this stunning marble facaded mansion on CPW. So, I'm walking on 70th stree and in one of the buildings' side recessed entrances, there were 2 bums hanging out on the stoop playing chess! Even the bums inNYC are snooty.

ScottySkis

I loved being their for lots of reasons, now just my job is their but I live in10940 about an 1.5 hours to Platty and 30 minutes to ski night's at Mountain Creek, hopefully soon I find a Job up here not easy thing to do.

4aprice

Watch the morning news on PIX. They do some great segments including one called "New Yorker's behaving badly". Never a dull moment in that town.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ