• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Challenge 2012: Trista Chiarulli of Hunter Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.

catskillman

That wouldn't be easy to fix. I think it's possible to get there on momentum, but you've got to be going pretty fast, and it's tough to gauge it correctly.

It can be done for sure, but the issue/danger is everyone is doing it at varring speends, and the merge issue is the real wildcard.
They will need to put up fences or ropes to direct traffic if westway and annapurna open this year.
Actually I am sure they will do something, how can they not!

dmc

That wouldn't be easy to fix. I think it's possible to get there on momentum, but you've got to be going pretty fast, and it's tough to gauge it correctly.

It's not that tough to make it on a snowboard... You just need speed..
But it is a pain in the ass...

dmc

I know all about THAT............ last day of the season, I went all out to make sure I could make it, hit the bumps at the bottom! Next thing I knew I was covered head to toe in MUD:oops:! Man did I stick out in the bar!!

yeah.. those gaper ridges are bad news...

catskillman

According to the huntermtnblogspot - NO, it was not in the budget.

I hear that they are currently filling the spot in with dirt from the snow tubing park, changing the layout and from the half pipe. They are removing the halfpipe!

Did this thread influence it in anyway??????

Status
Not open for further replies.