• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NHL Lockout?

skiNEwhere

Or they'll "adjust" to the 48 game schedule by putting out the first 24 games lol

Bene288

I don't feel like giving in to GB and the owner's greed by watching an incomplete season. I'd like to see awful revenue this year and hope that GB gets the boot. Even before the lockout, I wanted him gone, because he has shot down expansion teams in Hamilton, Saskatoon, and Quebec City in favor of teams in non-traditional markets. Hamilton even has a arena that meets NHL specs.

On the bright side, the season will end in June, with the playoffs in July-August so after the season ends people won't have to wait long for the next season

I'll watch because I love the sport. But I will not buy any tickets or merch. I went to get a new hockey bag the other day and found one I really liked, but I turned it down because it had an NHL crest on it.

Bettman needs the X. It's only a matter of time I think. I think Brendan Shanahan would make a good commissioner, so would Colin Campbell.

twinplanx

I hate on them all in good fun. I was taught not to like the Isles. Rick DiPietro has had a horrible injury streak. Some guys just aren't made to withstand an 82 game season, especially goalies. A position that used to be for the fat guy that couldn't skate, is now the hardest, most taxing position on the ice. I know the guy tries, but he's just frail.

I'd like a uniform rehab. Didn't the Nets go to a black and white? That would look sharp on a hockey jersey. Something a little more classic looking than the LA Kings current uni. I just always thought the Isles blue and orange logo looked like a turd in a toilet. But it definitely beats that god awful fisherman jersey they had in the mid 90's. It looked like the Gortons fisherman logo.

"all in good fun" you must be a Bruins fan. I was taught to hate the rangers. Yeah poor Ricky, to bad he can't stop pucks with his big mouth... I love our jersey, its like wearing a map ;-) when someone asks "where are you from" I can just point. We do not talk about the fish stick jersey around here!!!

Bene288

"all in good fun" you must be a Bruins fan. I was taught to hate the rangers. Yeah poor Ricky, to bad he can't stop pucks with his big mouth... I love our jersey, its like wearing a map ;-) when someone asks "where are you from" I can just point. We do not talk about the fish stick jersey around here!!!

"We want fish sticks!" Good times. I am a Bruins fan, but I also watch the Rangers.

twinplanx

Even though I am a Bruins fan, I actually like the Flyers (along with the Rangers and the Penguins). I absolutely hate the Capitals though along with the Red Wings and need I say the Canucks?

strange, guess your to young to remember the Broad Street Bullys? To each there own I guess, I wish the Caps well, the Red Wings seem to always be contenders and I have no feelings either way for Vancouver... there's on old t-shirt that says it best: my favorite 2 teams are the Islanders & whoever is playing the rangers ;-)

Bene288

Even though I am a Bruins fan, I actually like the Flyers

This isn't allowed, you must turn in your Bruin card ASAP.

I like certain individual players on the Flyers, Scotty Hartnell was born to play hockey in Boston, but liking the Flyers as a team is just against everything.

kickstand

This isn't allowed, you must turn in your Bruin card ASAP.

I like certain individual players on the Flyers, Scotty Hartnell was born to play hockey in Boston, but liking the Flyers as a team is just against everything.

My wife is the exception to that. She grew up in Philly watching the late-80's Flyers. She somehow "converted" to a B's fan when she went to BC. We went to the B's-Flyers Game 7 in 2010, the final game of that epic collapse, and she truly did not care who won. She was going to be happy either way, which sort of bothered me in a weird way....

Hartnell and Giroux are two of my favorite players right now. Would love to see either of them wearing the spoked B.