• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Kickstarter project - documentary on small ski areas

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Update:

The T-bar crew has been busy this fall. Check out a sample clip of some of the footage so far. It's short, but we wouldn't want to spoil the surprise! https://vimeo.com/54905963How can you help? (beyond what you've already given)
"Like" us on facebook. Get your parents, kids, neighbors, ski buddies, and dog walker to do it as well. It's just one click, but it really helps us promote the project and helps keep you updated. http://www.facebook.com/TBarFilms
Not a Facebook person? Check out the website and follow the blog for updates.http://www.t-barfilms.com/
What? You want to do more?
We are in the middle a sponsorship drive. The project has grown, and we want to increase our distribution and marketing efforts when the film is released. Can you think of a company that might want to support the project? Let us know, or better yet, call them and tell them about it first.
Lastly, pray for snow.
Elliot and Tyler
PS. Wondering about the T-bar Films name? The project has grown beyond the "Brothers." We now have a volunteer film crew, social media intern, and more. Not big fans of naming things after ourselves anyways, we ditched the W-R Bros name and went with the more inclusive and accurate T-bar Films. It's a registered L3C in Vermont, meaning that we prioritze our social mission over profits, which is good becuase we still don't plan to make any of those.

thetrailboss

Staff member
No Lyndon Outing Club :-?. In the filmmaker's defense, the LOC was only open for maybe a week and a half last year.

Yeah I gave them a hard time about that one since it is probably one of the oldest ski areas in the country and once held national ski meets. They apologized saying that they ran out of time.

But from what I saw they only covered Northeast Slopes, Hard'Ack, and Cochran's which is OK. I know that they were going to have Suicide Six in there, and IMHO Suicide Six just does not fit in with these places because it is a private area owned by the Woodstock Inn (as opposed to a volunteer area) and have plenty of resources.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The film was simply wonderful. Two words. Storytellers and Cinematographers. These guys are talented. The cinematography was really interesting and held my attention - lots of details, great frame-ups. The stories told are great. It was fun to see them talking with the kids, the guys with grease on their hands, the skiers and what I call the "fabric of skiing". I've been to cochran's and Northeast -they've nailed them. The other areas I've never been to.

Skiing's got soul and they know how to bring it out. Looks like this is going to be a great stocking stuffer for a friend of mine.