• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Sunapee

Puck it

Thanks to all for the advice ! Was there Friday and it was very nice.

Cold scared many off, so it was quite "empty", even for a weekday. I was there as part of a TV promotion, and it sounded like 200 out of 250 no showed. Had to register in the old Lodge, and was able to park at the front door, at 9:30.

Probably did every trail. But, Ridge was the favorite.

Having started in leather boots with cable bindings, and already holding an AARP card, I'm just a cruiser guy at this point of life.

Would certainly go there again. But, am still seeking that area that has a ton of trails like Ridge !

Try Bretton Woods.

David Metsky

Website
www.hikethewhites.com
We were at Sunapee on Saturday, still pretty cold and the crowds were low as a result. Snow was surprisingly good, especially in the Bowl. Stayed there in the morning while the sun was hitting it, called it early in the afternoon (the advantage of free tickets) for a beer in Goosefeathers. Sunapee doesn't have too much challenging terrain (all the glades were closed) but the groomers certainly do a great job with the snow they have.

Saw a kid with an AlpineZone.com sticker on his helmet, blue Obermyer jacket - related to anyone here?

jude1

What is the opinion about this place around here? I grew up on the ski team here, and even though it may be pretty flat area and is over groomed, it still is a special place to me. What are your experiences at Sunapee? Plus Flying Goose is one of the best mogul trails in the east (My opinion)

good little mountain, but it has lousy cell phone service!

spiderpig

There is a trick to beating the line though and it is not the singles either.

Yeah, it's called getting in the line with the least amount of people. I think that puts it nicely without giving it away. However, the singles line worked pretty well for me and two others on a crowded Saturday, first one of 2013, but that was my first time ever at Sunapee, so I'm sure it is more crowded on holidays.

Puck it

Yeah, it's called getting in the line with the least amount of people. I think that puts it nicely without giving it away. However, the singles line worked pretty well for me and two others on a crowded Saturday, first one of 2013, but that was my first time ever at Sunapee, so I'm sure it is more crowded on holidays.
Little more than that. Do not follow the Lemmings!!!!

Well, the 'ol childhood mountain is opening this Friday! I'll be celebrating Thanksgiving at my parents condo on the harbor with the fam, and hopefully I can escape for a few turns. If you're there, look for a college age guy with a black/red jacket and a helmet with a large Sugarloaf sticker on the side. Drop by and say hi!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

mountainjam

Moved to the Sunapee area a few years ago and have been a passholder since. Best mountain in southern NH.

I'd really like to hear from anyone who knows anything about the side & backcountry off of Mt. Sunapee, as well as info on the unmarked terrain. Please private message me and I'll owe you a beer at Goosefeathers. I already know about some of the off-map terrain, but I'd really like to ski the whole mountain.