• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Subaru

skijay

my 2009 outback's transmission completely shit the bed at 100K...according to the mechanic it's a common problem for this year/model...called subaru and they basically said 'we consider that a wear and tear part, you're out of warranty, too bad for you, go pound sand'

maybe i'm wrong, but 100K seems a little early to me for a trans to die...very disappointing, especially for a make that touts reliability

Automatic or the stick? I'm hoping that every 30 / 60 / 90k when they (dealer) does the automatic transmission service will prevent that from happening to me. I have the same year but the Forester. I'm getting close to the 90k mark.

deadheadskier

Staff member
my 2009 outback's transmission completely shit the bed at 100K...according to the mechanic it's a common problem for this year/model...called subaru and they basically said 'we consider that a wear and tear part, you're out of warranty, too bad for you, go pound sand'

maybe i'm wrong, but 100K seems a little early to me for a trans to die...very disappointing, especially for a make that touts reliability

Way to low of mileage for a transmission to go.

Automatic or the stick? I'm hoping that every 30 / 60 / 90k when they (dealer) does the automatic transmission service will prevent that from happening to me. I have the same year but the Forester. I'm getting close to the 90k mark.

auto...i took meticulous care of the car and had a lot of the service done at the dealership too

jaysunn

We don't all work in financial services.

I do:

Thanks for buying AMERICAN, I drive a 2013 JEEP Cherokee. Not as cool as a Subaru, but I bet I can can pull you around the parking lot with the front hooks..

images-2.jpeg

AMERICA baby.

jaysunn

Last edited:

wa-loaf

I do:

Thanks for buying AMERICAN, I drive a 2013 JEEP Cherokee. Not as cool as a Subaru, but I bet I can can pull you around the parking lot with the front hooks..

AMERICA baby.

jaysunn

Jeep is owned by Italians ...

jaysunn

jeep is owned by Italians ...

Thank God, I am half Italian, Fuck just looked it up and I am about to pull my american flag from the front of the house/.…..\\\Are you sure?

Jeep
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Jeep (disambiguation).
"General Purpose" redirects here. For other uses, see General purpose (disambiguation).
Jeep
Jeep logo
Type Division
Industry Automobile
Founded 1941[1]
Headquarters Toledo, Ohio; Auburn Hills, Michigan, US
Area served Worldwide
Key people Michael Manley (CEO of Jeep division)
Sergio Marchionne (CEO of Chrysler Group LLC)
Products Sport utility vehicles
Parent Chrysler Group LLC
Website www.jeep.com
Jeep is a brand of American automobiles that is a division of Chrysler Group LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Italian multinational automaker Fiat S.p.A..[2][3]

skijay

I didn't realize they built a 2013 Jeep Cherokee. I thought that they had the 9 speed automatic transmission issue that they just resolved and started to deliver the 2014 Jeep Cherokee. I do like the 2014 Cherokee, could be a contender for my Subaru replacement.

WWF-VT

Our 2007 Outback with 97K miles had a head gasket failure. It was about a $2000 repair and it's a common problem across many Subaru models over many years.

gmcunni

That totally sucks I thought I was being a patriot and buying American. Damn.

not american any longer either:
budweiser
good humor ice cream
7-eleven
gerber
firestone
john hancock life ins
frigidaire
chrysler building
holiday inn
citgo

wa-loaf

Our 2007 Outback with 97K miles had a head gasket failure. It was about a $2000 repair and it's a common problem across many Subaru models over many years.

I had an 05' and it never let me down, but the cost of maintenance exceeded a new car payment over the last year I had it. I traded it in at 120k

I don't think Citgo was ever American?

hammer

I had an 05' and it never let me down, but the cost of maintenance exceeded a new car payment over the last year I had it. I traded it in at 120k
Not trying to hate on Subarus (seriously considering one to replace a 13YO car) but a 120K trade-in point because of repair costs seems a bit early...makes me concerned.

My 1998 Outback needed new head gaskets at around 125K miles and it was a known problem then. Thought that Subaru would have fixed the issue 9 model years later.

gmcunni

WTF - Ben & Jerry's too....

Lipton bought Good Humor in 1965. Unilever, the British-Dutch conglomerate, had bought Lipton in 1937. Unilever is now the world's biggest ice cream maker. It also owns Ben & Jerry's and Breyers.