Big Burke announcement - Page 205

AlpineZone

Page 205 of 844 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305705 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 8436
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Can anyone explain why the steel for the top couple of floors was never installed? They had the crane there, after all.
    It is probably the same construction as the Tram House at Jay. Only the stairwells have steel the rest is stick frame construction.

Quote Originally Posted by JPTracker View Post
    I just heard that the consultants doing the design for the hotel have stopped work because they have run out of money.
    That makes no sense to me. All major design of that hotel had to be completed before approval was given to start construction. For example, all facades, electrical, mechanical, room layout, services, entrances, and ADA requirements, would have already been designed and layout in the building application, before approval would have been granted. As far as interior design, I guess that might be an issue. But would think that would be small $$$$ compared to the overall project cost.

I had the same thought. What design work is really left other than interior?

It is probably the same construction as the Tram House at Jay. Only the stairwells have steel the rest is stick frame construction.
    Ahh... I didn't realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    That makes no sense to me. All major design of that hotel had to be completed before approval was given to start construction. For example, all facades, electrical, mechanical, room layout, services, entrances, and ADA requirements, would have already been designed and layout in the building application, before approval would have been granted. As far as interior design, I guess that might be an issue. But would think that would be small $$$$ compared to the overall project cost.
    The way it works is that the design that is submitted for approvals is only complete to a certain point, I think about 25%. This design has all the necessary info for approvals and cost estimates. Also that way if the approval process requires changes it minimizes the cost. All the detail drawings which are required for actual construction are done later. All the plans for the electrical and mechanical systems are usually done last. This is most likely the work that has been stopped.

Is a local firm doing the design?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by the original trailboss View Post
    "Team Beaverkill" is on the hill !! You just can't make this stuff up......

Still trying to figure this one out????? WTF! Either way from here on out the first round of snowmaking at Qburke shall be know as "blowin' the beavers out" per Qdipshit.

*In a somewhat related note, pretty sure I know where Burke gets it's water for snowmaking but looking to confirm. Can anyone help? Thinking they pump from the Passumpsic River up to the holding pond by the Willoughby Quad and then into the pump house and up the mountain? Don't see how else it could function.
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

They just posted a new "Most Interesting Bear" ad to their Facebook page. It's not even funny or clever.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCore View Post
    Still trying to figure this one out????? WTF! Either way from here on out the first round of snowmaking at Qburke shall be know as "blowin' the beavers out" per Qdipshit.

*In a somewhat related note, pretty sure I know where Burke gets it's water for snowmaking but looking to confirm. Can anyone help? Thinking they pump from the Passumpsic River up to the holding pond by the Willoughby Quad and then into the pump house and up the mountain? Don't see how else it could function.
    Yes. They pump water from the Passumpsic to that pond. Northern Star added that line and infrastructure from the river in the late 1990's. HUGE improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

I just heard that the consultants doing the design for the hotel have stopped work because they have run out of money.
    You OBVIOUSLY did not hear Little q's official response....or believe it:

Last edited by thetrailboss; Nov 10, 2014 at 7:56 PM.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information