• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

River19

They still have a long ways to go. But the slated opening is not for another six months and that is a lot of time.

And here's the thing.....I can absolutely see the one side that is further along being the portion open in December with the main lobby etc. and the second wing being finished several weeks/months later.

If it were me, as soon as those common areas and some rooms are ready....."I'm Open for Business".....as long as I can guarantee the ongoing work doesn't disturb the renters......

thetrailboss

Staff member
And here's the thing.....I can absolutely see the one side that is further along being the portion open in December with the main lobby etc. and the second wing being finished several weeks/months later.

If it were me, as soon as those common areas and some rooms are ready....."I'm Open for Business".....as long as I can guarantee the ongoing work doesn't disturb the renters......

I noticed that the wing southern/western wing is much further along. Interesting. I think it was smart to focus on getting one wing done before the other so that they could have a soft opening if needed.

River19

I noticed that the wing southern/western wing is much further along. Interesting. I think it was smart to focus on getting one wing done before the other so that they could have a soft opening if needed.

Plus I rarely see a commercial building project that doesn't have a phased completion, rare is it that a resort is 100% built when it welcomes its first guest. Whether it is finishing up the peripheries (ie. pool, clubhouse, restaurant, bar etc.) they will usually open to guests to get some $ through the front door.

River19

Better yet, keep posting your pointless complaints about how this thread complains too much (which sometimes it does) and help boost the post count toward 5000!

Which will also....drum roll please......keep it "at the top with bright blue lettering all the time"......

Just sayin'

thetrailboss

Staff member
And interesting that all references to the resort refer to Burke except for the Hotel, Campground, and Bike Park.

mbedle

And interesting that all references to the resort refer to Burke except for the Hotel, Campground, and Bike Park.

I'm not sure that is 100% the case - many places on the website still reference Q Burke or Q Burke Mountain Resort. The home page does reference only Burke - nice attempt to appease the locals who took offense to the Q being added to the resorts name.