Big Burke announcement - Page 225

AlpineZone

Page 225 of 846 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325725 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 8459
    Yet another season pass promotion has been posted on Burke's Facebook page:
    Call in the customer service today (11/20/2014) until 4:30PM to purchase your adult season pass at $699! We're throwing back the price by $200, but you have to call in by 4:30! (802) 626-7300

And, BTW, Masskier, I'm still awaiting an answer for my question.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Let it go.

Do you seriously think anyone closely connected with the mountain think it would be a good idea to entertain publicly answering a question regarding something like that?

Say there was a payment withheld from a contractor. Maybe it was withheld due to a dispute over the job that was done. Of course both sides in a scenario like that will claim they are in the right.

If he doesn't want to answer it, that's fine. He just hasn't indicated one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiRaceParent View Post
    I'll take the extra ~200 people (of which most prob wont ski much or will down in the lower mountain) in exchange for a mountain operation that will be around in the future.
    so your position is that most people staying at a hotel on a ski mountain will not ski at all or only ski the handful of greens?

not sure what's more delusional, that or the idea that these Qlowns will be around in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiRaceParent View Post
    I'll take the extra ~200 people (of which most prob wont ski much or will down in the lower mountain) in exchange for a mountain operation that will be around in the future.
    Wherever and however the hotel guests ski, I have always maintained that the hotel is an important component in making the mountain profitable. I fully recognize that profitability is key to long term survival. Change needed to happen. While I am quick to point out when change is counterproductive, it's only fair that change for the better is recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    so your position is that most people staying at a hotel on a ski mountain will not ski at all or only ski the handful of greens?

not sure what's more delusional, that or the idea that these Qlowns will be around in the future.
    Qlowns, Qlowns... That's some very funny stuff. Qlowns, very nice Zeke.
    make snow not war
    Waterville Valley, bought to be sold

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Yet another season pass promotion has been posted on Burke's Facebook page:
    Call in the customer service today (11/20/2014) until 4:30PM to purchase your adult season pass at $699! We're throwing back the price by $200, but you have to call in by 4:30! (802) 626-7300

i think burke's cool and all but $900 bucks for a pass?? huh, what they smokin over there? even $700 is a rip off, that place is tiny and gets no snow, then again most of ne doesnt get much either... good luck folks gonna stick west side

Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post

I read the hotel will have 116 rooms. From there, I estimate 200 people will ski per day (almost 2 per room on average), so I assume most people there will in fact ski...who perhaps weren't going to be there anyway if the hotel wasn't built (assuming it was still open). To me, that's not a big # and won't impact lift lines etc. except around the margin. Also, I would bet the hotel will attract more families and novices than those that already frequent Burke, hence the Green/Sherburne comment.

Look, we are all in agreement on the Q and we will need to see about the future. They own it now, have significant backing and I would guess will give the hotel 3-4 years at least to see how it shifts skier visits, before they would opt to sell.

Am I wrong in being skeptical that Burke will ever be able to routinely come close to filling 116 hotel rooms?

Holidays, sure, but other than that?
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Am I wrong in being skeptical that Burke will ever be able to routinely come close to filling 116 hotel rooms?

Holidays, sure, but other than that?
    +1
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Thread Information