• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

River19

Lots of "before" photos of bike and brew but no "during" photos. Makes me wonder just how many people turned out.

I thought the same thing.....and when I saw the specials of "mystery drafts until the kegs are kicked" I thought back to the first few Bike N Brews and we kicked the kegs even before the event was "over"....

It would be great if they built on the event that was started several years ago instead of rolling out the same old formula each year. "Come pay $15-20 for 5 samples of the same beer you can get at the Tamarack or most bars in New England".....or go to Mike's and choose from the 25-30 they have on tap......

For a bike and brew.....it is the quality of the brew that gets the crowds......granted at least they got some limited release type stuff from the usual breweries.....points for trying

I could go down to the Lyndy Redemp and bang out a fantastic sampling compared to the B n B these days......

VTKilarney

Burke will be launching a major marketing program for the Hotel and Resort soon. It will be interesting to see how they tell the story.
There's a story? I've never really been into hotel stories, so maybe I'm missing something here.

River19

It was the busiest Bike N' Brew that I remember. There were 50 different brews. Good music too.

The first 4 B n' B's were awesome, the 5th was bleh and we rode in last year for thr 6th and saw very few folks standing around awkwardly which lead us to choose to avoid this year, combined with the "meh" beer list, 50 or not.......but that is what makes America great, opinions can vary.

I think Q marketing has already made improvements, there don't seem to be any awkward "mid event" shots from the Bike N Brew.......

Masskier

You can see in the foreground the beginnings of the heated year round pool and jacuzzi, stating to take shape. (from the Face book page)

11870888_10153587039903023_1017893866797413418_n.jpg

VTKilarney

Do we know for sure that the pool will be open year-round? If so, why would the hotel manager say otherwise?

River19

How long until some park rats build a kicker over that stone wall into the pool? :spread:

I was thinking it would be nice to do some drop-offs from the covered porch roof to the Evergreen storage container, then drop to dirt.....

thetrailboss

Staff member
Do we know for sure that the pool will be open year-round? If so, why would the hotel manager say otherwise?

I'm a bit surprised that it's not indoor considering the fair number of below zero (0 F) days there are. That will be a lot of energy to keep it heated.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

MEtoVTSkier

I'm a bit surprised that it's not indoor considering the fair number of below zero (0 F) days there are. That will be a lot of energy to keep it heated.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

With like a sliding roof or dome or something... outdoor swimming in -25° temps just doesn't do it for me, I don't care how warm the water is, you have to get out eventually!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Attitash has a good set up at their Grand Summit hotel. You enter the water from indoors and there's weather flaps heading to outside. Too bad the rest of the hotel is like a Red Roof Inn.

thetrailboss

Staff member
With like a sliding roof or dome or something... outdoor swimming in -25° temps just doesn't do it for me, I don't care how warm the water is, you have to get out eventually!

Can you imagine walking in the cold from the Hotel to the pool? As one who has done it, I can say it is painful....and I could not imagine if it was -25 F. Hell, I don't think that Jay's pools are outside.