Big Burke announcement - Page 265

AlpineZone

Page 265 of 846 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365765 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 8459
    Some good and bad news from Facebook land.

The good news is that Burke is taking a more conciliatory tone in their posts. They just posted this:
    THANK YOU to all the skiers and riders that bundled up and enjoyed our mountain today! We appreciate everyone's patience as we continue our snow making efforts to recover from the wet weather and warmer temps we experienced until this past Sunday. Dashney Mile has had it's fill and we will be moving our equipment over to Binney Lane and then on to Lower Willoughby. We'll be in touch tomorrow with a fresh update - good night!

The bad news is that the most recently announced snowmaking plans were that the guns would be lit on Lower Willoughby after they were on Dashney Mile. Apparently they have decided to focus on Binney Lane before moving on to Lower Willoughby.

So what does this mean?
    (a) For a while longer there will be absolutely no snow whatsoever refreshed on a trail that gets you down the main mountain; and
    (b) They are focusing on a FOURTH way down the lower mountain while there is still only ONE way down the main mountain. While I fully appreciate that Binney Lane needs snow (see the picture in my trip report), I'm perplexed as to why they view it as a priority with so many other trails that are in desperate need for snow.

Last edited by VTKilarney; Dec 30, 2014 at 7:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Some good and bad news from Facebook land.

The good news is that Burke is taking a more conciliatory tone in their posts. They just posted this:
    THANK YOU to all the skiers and riders that bundled up and enjoyed our mountain today! We appreciate everyone's patience as we continue our snow making efforts to recover from the wet weather and warmer temps we experienced until this past Sunday. Dashney Mile has had it's fill and we will be moving our equipment over to Binney Lane and then on to Lower Willoughby. We'll be in touch tomorrow with a fresh update - good night!

The bad news is that the previously announced snowmaking plans were that the guns would be lit on Lower Willoughby after they were on Dashney Mile. Apparently they have decided to focus on Binney Lane before moving on to Lower Willoughby.

So what does this mean?
    (a) For a while longer there will be absolutely no snow whatsoever refreshed on a trail that gets you down the main mountain; and
    (b) They are focusing on a FOURTH way down the lower mountain while there is still only ONE way down the main mountain. While I fully appreciate that Binney Lane needs snow (see the picture in my trip report), I'm perplexed as to why they view it as a priority with so many other trails that are in desperate need for snow.
    Before 2012 they could blow in BOTH areas.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

If you build it, will they come? Not unless you have SNOW! Q-Burke, it's time to rent some compressors and start blowing some cold air!
    Last edited by halfpintvt; Dec 30, 2014 at 7:04 PM.

Man, that's a nice staircase. They must be building a ski jump.

edit: Sorry I meant Q-jump.
    make snow not war
    Waterville Valley, bought to be sold

Quote Originally Posted by halfpintvt View Post
    Got Snow? Not so much! If you build it, will they come?
    The building hides one's view of the ski trails and lack of Q-Snow (R). Mission accomplished.

And the Q-victory banners are missing from the staircases.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Something tells me that Ary won't be doing any aerial photography this week.

He must have thought that those few new low-e guns were gonna use a lot less air!

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Some more Facebook antics.

This morning, Q Burke posted the following:
    What a BEAUTIFUL morning and it's only expected to get better. Snow making continues on Dashney Mile with temps just right to build that base. Photo taken this morning heading down Upper Willoughby....the corduroy is waiting. Let's get to it!

So far there is one response to the post:
    Your opportunity to build the base over the natural snow before the Xmas thaw was completely wasted. You have the third lowest trail count in VT right ahead of Queechee Ski Area and Suicide Six.

But do Quechee and Suicide Six have a $55 million hotel???????
    I'm guessing these are your FB comments. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    I'm guessing these are your FB comments. Right?
    They aren't.

Imagine waking up in your $250 per night hotel room on New Year's Eve week only to see this. Unless they improve their snowmaking quickly, the most expensive rooms will be the ones that look away from the mountain.

This photo looks eerily like a NELSAP photo.

10885356_966561553372917_2332584711740661089_n.jpg
    Last edited by VTKilarney; Dec 30, 2014 at 7:49 PM.

Thread Information