Big Burke announcement - Page 315

AlpineZone

Page 315 of 844 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415815 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 8436
    Things I would like to hear answered at the meeting:
    1) What are the specific plans for increasing snow making capacity prior to next season?
    2) If there is no such plan, will season pass prices remain the same?
    3) Why did the hotel appear to go from ahead of schedule to behind schedule?
    4) Is the funding complete for the hotel? If not, what mechanisms are in place to obtain full funding?
    5) Are there any plans to install a lift and/or expand in the East Bowl area?

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    And if you want to talk about unfounded rumors, who was the "artist" who claimed that condo sales were up when in reality they were down about 40%? Hmm...
    If I owned a condo at that place, I'd be like this trying to get rid of it. Hopefully I'll be wrong, but I just dont see all this ending well.

President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

I'm thinking a plan to do anything much less than what Wildcat accomplished last summer, won't win much approval. Any lack of activity in this direction once good ground conditions allow, will just spell a repeat next winter.

I'd also be asking questions about the lower mountain lighting project. I think it's a great idea to light up Dashney and Carter Country, but there should be another route down from the lift that isn't park oriented. Just common sense to build the project so that you can get from the top terminal, to the hotel, and down to the lower terminal, so I guess that means High Meadows Pass as well.

It's a no brainer to support BMA. To try to get out of any agreement to get the snow making done by a certain date is just going to anger current and future passholders and condo owners. The earlier and more consistently training/comp slopes are ready, the more Hotel rooms are going to stay filled. Seems like a no-brainier.

I seriously hope the new mid-lodge is going to have the cafeteria open mid-week next winter. If not why the heck is it getting built in the first place??

Serious consideration needs to be given to running the summit lift at night or having the ops crew in there MUCH earlier during/post storms, a little will go a LOOOOOOOOOOONG ways to creating a powder-day reputation that a mountain with only 2 aerial lifts to maintain should have!

We could go on forever, but the reality is...

One aww shit, takes away Five Attaboys!

1) What are the specific plans for increasing snow making capacity prior to next season?
    4) Is the funding complete for the hotel? If not, what mechanisms are in place to obtain full funding?
    Is anyone going to take what is said at this meeting as anything more than words and BS?

Quote Originally Posted by faQ View Post
    Is anyone going to take what is said at this meeting as anything more than words and BS?
    He can promise whatever he wants, but if no action is seen by mid-summer, I wouldn't count on many pass sales for next year. As far as spring sales for next year?? Ha! I think the old "fool me once" rule is about to burn him.

1-2) The snowmaking plans for the future are obviously what got this whole thing started and I think everyone wants to know what is going on. So I really hope the first two questions are answered.

3) I still haven't heard from any source other than you that the hotel is behind schedule. You are basing you extrapolations on a document you found on the internet. There a very likely more recent documents that weren't published that outline the actual schedule. But I suppose you are free to ask about it.

4) My guess is that financial details aren't going to be discussed and honestly I wouldn't expect them to be. Do you publicly give out details of the financial health of your company (assuming you own one)?

5) One thing at a time! Over-under on Burke's East Bowl vs Jay's West Bowl expansions happening first

I do hope that there is some honest discussion of why there are all of these rumors flying around and what is going on to dispel the rumors and mend fences with a community that has become increasingly upset.

Claiming the skiing is great now is fine, but one snowstorm did not create much base. On the next thaw, the lack of snow-making is once again going to be very apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    Is this pic taken from the same vantage point as the one you posted of Cannon from the same day? If so, it's pretty sweet to have almost identical perspectives of the 2 New England trams from one location.
    The Cannon pic was taken from the Fire Tower. The Jay pic from the unload area of the MBX. Unfortunately, the TV tower gets in the way of the view of Jay from the Fire Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by from_the_NEK View Post
    I do hope that there is some honest discussion of why there are all of these rumors flying around and what is going on to dispel the rumors and mend fences with a community that has become increasingly upset.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by from_the_NEK View Post
    The Cannon pic was taken from the Fire Tower. The Jay pic from the unload area of the MBX. Unfortunately, the TV tower gets in the way of the view of Jay from the Fire Tower.

I wish the windmills weren't in the foreground, but that's definitely a subjective thing.

Thread Information