• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
So retail at the Hotel or at the Base Lodge?
Hotel. The retail shop there was fully stocked in anticipation of the hotel's opening. Since that never happened, the inventory is still there. It was not a "public" opening of the retail shop yesterday.
I figure since the base lodge shop is also well stocked they have nowhere to move the inventory.
The whole situation is saddening.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Hotel. The retail shop there was fully stocked in anticipation of the hotel's opening. Since that never happened, the inventory is still there. It was not a "public" opening of the retail shop yesterday.
I figure since the base lodge shop is also well stocked they have nowhere to move the inventory.
The whole situation is saddening.

Wow, just wow. So sad and angering. Good for you for CYA there.

And to be clear, NONE of us here EVER wanted to see this outcome.

MEtoVTSkier

Also, the reviews that had the people complaining about not being refunded have been deleted. There was a post from "Jerry Davis" in one of them that is also gone...

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Wow, just wow. So sad and angering. Good for you for CYA there.

And to be clear, NONE of us here EVER wanted to see this outcome.

Technically, if I had left my work there it should have been protected from being claimed in any bankruptcy proceedings. However, access to them may have become more difficult. I figured it was best to just get the photos out until things get figured out up there.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Which 6 photos and how large are they??

Framed%20Photos%20for%20Hotel_zps3v8vzthh.jpg

If you want to see these in better detail, they are on my site in the winter gallery: http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/collections/winter?page=1

Last edited:

VTKilarney

Forget the amateur creepy photoshopped photo, but Burke is still pushing multi-day tickets to college students on their website. This includes a three day midweek ticket for $75. I find it hard to believe that there will be any more midweek days at Burke this year.

Here is the promotion:
http://qburke.com/deals/spring-break-discounts/

As the Bullwheel turns: Today's announcement includes a revised operational schedule for the next two weeks, which includes Thursday - Sunday skiing on the upper mountain only. The revised schedule also notes that both the Mid-Burke cafeteria AND the Bear Den Lounge will operate on those days as well. The Sherburne Express, lower mountain, and the Kingdom Cafeteria will close for the season after today.

Smellytele

As the Bullwheel turns: Today's announcement includes a revised operational schedule for the next two weeks, which includes Thursday - Sunday skiing on the upper mountain only. The revised schedule also notes that both the Mid-Burke cafeteria AND the Bear Den Lounge will operate on those days as well. The Sherburne Express, lower mountain, and the Kingdom Cafeteria will close for the season after today.
Great that they got rid of the bar tender at the Bear's den for no reason.

thetrailboss

Staff member

Too bad they do not sell tickets at MidBurke anymore and don't have any parking there.

And I see that the QTamarack is having an "Irish Themed Open Mic Night" on Thursday. Hope folks like U2.

Big Wave Dave

Too bad they do not sell tickets at MidBurke anymore and don't have any parking there.

And I see that the QTamarack is having an "Irish Themed Open Mic Night" on Thursday. Hope folks like U2.

not sure I follow this. There are a couple of parking lots at mid burke, room for a couple hundred cars I would guess?

When we have gone this year I like to park up above and ski down to the lower lodge to get tickets for the grandkids. Get in a warm up on the house :)
have always gotten a space over by the employee parking area and this beats slogging up like 3 staircases from the lower parking lot at the Sherburne with kids and gear.

Smellytele

not sure I follow this. There are a couple of parking lots at mid burke, room for a couple hundred cars I would guess?

When we have gone this year I like to park up above and ski down to the lower lodge to get tickets for the grandkids. Get in a warm up on the house :)
have always gotten a space over by the employee parking area and this beats slogging up like 3 staircases from the lower parking lot at the Sherburne with kids and gear.
As stated above though only the upper mtn will be open so you won't be able to ski down to the lower mtn for tix. I guess they will be poaching them in the parking lot.
Doubt there will be even 50 cars so should be plenty of parking at midburke

thetrailboss

Staff member

The main lot has been gone for 5 years......

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

River19

Anyone else catch the 22 News report on Friday night with the QHotel and how it isn't going to be open until at least June 1st?

For the folks here it was a "no shit" moment as it wasn't anything new. But They were onsite and it looks nice etc. and some woman (forgot her name sorry) was speaking on behalf of the Qhotel and the message was "just wait and give us a chance....."

oldtimer

new GM set out to prove he could out douche-bag Q on Saturday morning. He was meeting and greeting at the bottom of MBE. His idea of meeting and greeting involved hand checking passes against people's faces. No pass, NO ENTRY. Watched him do this to 2 female BMA coaches who each had groups of kids with them. These are coaches the lift staff know well, they were wearing the full BMA coaching attire. He made them march up the hill to get passes. I have skied around the world and never seen this level of small minded behavior and pure stupidity. I have seen many, many occasions of "do not come back to lift w/o a pass", "hey Durwood, does xxx coach here?", etc- but to make coaches separate from kids they are in charge of, and/or force entire group to hike up the hill? I never cease to be amazed.