Big Burke announcement - Page 715

AlpineZone

Page 715 of 846 FirstFirst ... 215615665705713714715716717725765815 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 8459
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhaler View Post
    http://qburke.com/blog/i-stand-with-the-q/

At least it seems they now recognize there is a big public perception issue

Quote from the Blog post:
    As for season’s pass sales; we’re in decline. Particularly because our community has lost faith. We can accept that. We will take the anger. We will take it and turn it into the glue which holds the last 19 of us together. Why? Because we know you will be back. You love the mountain.
    So you, Q Jr, and 17 other employees are going to crawl into a bunker with no windows and wait for everyone to come crawling back?

You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by xwhaler View Post
    http://qburke.com/blog/i-stand-with-the-q/

At least it seems they now recognize there is a big public perception issue
    I'm not sure she understands who the underdogs are here.

Big Burke announcement

Quote Originally Posted by from_the_NEK View Post
    Quote from the Blog post:

So you, Q Jr, and 17 other employees are going to crawl into a bunker with no windows and wait for everyone to come crawling back?
    I picked up on that too. It was a REALLY poor blog post. No recognition at all that change is needed.

I'm not sure what's she is trying to prove at this point. Especially when she says that "to some extent" East Burke has been in decline lately. East Burke is a true success story and is as vibrant as I have ever seen. She needs to come down from the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    I'm not sure she understands who the underdogs are here.
    Well, I imagine it's easier to be so "positive" when you're one of the only people still receiving a paycheck and able to put food on the table for your children.

But I think a better analogy is that she's betting on the wrong horse.

She thinks she's betting on an American Pharoah with her loyalty, when in reality she doesn't realize that her horse has incurable joint disease and wont race again. The hotel will likely one day open, but it wont be run for very long by the “Q” she constantly refers to.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Well, I imagine it's easier to be so "positive" when you're one of the only people still receiving a paycheck and able to put food on the table for your children.

But I think a better analogy is that she's betting on the wrong horse.

She thinks she's betting on an American Pharoah with her loyalty, when in reality she doesn't realize that her horse has incurable joint disease and wont race again. The hotel will likely one day open, but it wont be run for very long by the “Q” she constantly refers to.
    What's especially bad about it is that she stands with the "Q" but apparently not with the "Burke". Kind of says it all.

What's especially bad about it is that she stands with the "Q" but apparently not with the "Burke". Kind of says it all.
    I have to wonder if Q asked her to do this as a condition of continued employment.
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Yep. I'm sure she is afraid for her job and is currently towing the line for "Q" to appease him.
    So 19 people that follow "Q's" standard are all that he was able to dredge up throughout the entire country (according to her blog piece, Ms. Benedict was actually recruited by "Q")? No local want to work there anymore.
    How the hell does Ary expect to open this mountain ever again? This is all just making me feel sick (or maybe I'm coming down with the strep throat that my daughter is currently home sick from school with).
    You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Big Burke announcement

It's reasonable to expect someone on your payroll to be publicly supportive. I just don't think that her blog post was a good one. Saying nothing is better than saying things that will just elicit a negative reaction.

The fact that the few remaining folks still employed in that "organization" feel it is "Q" vs. the community/patrons says everything we need to know. The simple existence of a clear division between Q and everyone else is clear evidence the rift with the community.....awe hell, damn near everyone has only gotten wider since he first started to repeatedly step in piles of PR poo......

IMHO the laying off of 180 folks including the folks who have been the heart and soul of the operation has really increased the gap between Q and everyone else. I don't see a future where there is a bridge that can cross that gap now......I just don't.

As BG has said, the fact that Sr and Stenger's proposed solution to their refund mess happens to be the exact definition of a Ponzi scheme is sadly funny and fitting at the same time.

I'm going with Stockholm Syndrome.

Thread Information