• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

rueler

Rueler- where are you? your post got exorcised and we would love to have it back--

I don't know if I have the energy to type all that again. This is the first time I have been on here in a week or so. Sucks going back to work after a vacation.

zeke

from the Facebook page:

GO PATS! Q Burke Mountain Resort representing at the Patriots Place, with our logo on the boards for everyone to see. Catch the big game in the Tamarack with bud/bud light beer specials, giveaways and our football specials menu. LET'S BEAT THEM COLTS!!

what a joke

River19

Ice over packed powder over powder over ice......

Yesterday's ride back to "work-land" was brutal.....6.5 hours for a 3.5 hour ride......people just don't get ice. Saw 15+ accidents, two separate rolled cars and was stuck in the I-89/93 interchange highway shut down where we sat for about 60-90mins without moving. Epic ride on the negative side. I hope everyone made it home in one piece.

I can confirm that the wind was howling at elevation based on what we saw around the notch.....Cannon was packed and looked to have plenty of snow coverage.....every chair going up was filled with no open seats.......

Last edited:

faQ

My kids school is on a 2 hour delay. Thought we'd make a couple runs this AM....but it turns out q'urke is also on a delay, at least til 10. Really?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

River19

On a hold for what? Wind is light this morning from what I can tell......

Hoe much snow did they get, or more importantly, any ice?

faQ

On a hold for what? Wind is light this morning from what I can tell......

Hoe much snow did they get, or more importantly, any ice?

Power went out last night and Q's alarm didn't go off maybe?

River19

Something not being seen at Burke...

I figured someone would pipe in with a more first hand account at Q.....I just did a drive by on Saturday and saw open trails with only 2 people I could spot from a view of the upper mountain......everyone must have been jumping into the bag.....lol

VTKilarney

And the winds tomorrow are supposed to be slightly higher.

I actually feel badly for Burke on this one. You can't blame them for high winds - and to have the high winds hit on two out of three days over a holiday weekend is piss poor luck.

xwhaler

Guys, real easy to just check their snow report rather than assumptions/accusations/3rd hand accounts etc that dominate this thread.
Seems it will be very nice up there today. All you Burke fans should go support the mtn and ski it!

We will be experiencing a short delay this morning due to snow, we ask you to please bear with us until we get things up and going!
Thanks to the 6 to 8 inches of fresh powder we got last night, today we’re proud to be operating at 100%, with 5 lifts servicing all 36 trails, 14 glades, and 2 terrain parks we have to offer! Surface conditions are powder over packed powder.

MEtoVTSkier

My kids school is on a 2 hour delay. Thought we'd make a couple runs this AM....but it turns out q'urke is also on a delay, at least til 10. Really?

Did you find out by going to the mountain? Nothing on FB yet, and if they couldn't be bothered to answer the guest services phone on the Sunday of a Holiday Weekend....

faQ

Guys, real easy to just check their snow report rather than assumptions/accusations/3rd hand accounts etc that dominate this thread.
Seems it will be very nice up there today. All you Burke fans should go support the mtn and ski it!

We will be experiencing a short delay this morning due to snow, we ask you to please bear with us until we get things up and going!
Thanks to the 6 to 8 inches of fresh powder we got last night, today we’re proud to be operating at 100%, with 5 lifts servicing all 36 trails, 14 glades, and 2 terrain parks we have to offer! Surface conditions are powder over packed powder.

What assumptions? How does a ski resort open late due to snow?

xwhaler

What assumptions? How does a ski resort open late due to snow?

Maybe they need time to groom some of it.....guessing it is heavy wet snow so probably takes a bit more time. So much negativity in this thread in general. Finally Burke gets snow, the mtn is 100% open and you guys are focused on trashing the place rather than focusing on the positive.

VTKilarney

I don't think it's being overly negative to criticize a ski resort that has to shut down because they received 6-8 inches of snow. Sorry, but you're just not going to convince me otherwise.

xwhaler

Looks like Sherburne/MBX normally opens at 9 on Mondays. This is a 1 hour delayed opening---not "the ski resort has to shut down" as you suggested.
Let's not make a bigger deal of this than it is. I'm sure the skiing at 10 will be quite nice. Wish I was up there and not here at work!