• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

MEtoVTSkier

Two clicks for me...

Trails, Lifts, and Grooming

or...

The Mid-Burke Express spins daily 9am -4pm servicing intermediate and expert terrain only. Discounted tickets are available for purchase this weekend for just $45/adult; $35/junior; half-day tickets starting at 12:15 are $28/per person. Sunday, 12/8 will be NEK Sunday all day long with tickets for all ages available for just $28/per person.

Weather and Conditions

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

does this apply to ikon passes and can i just walk up to the lift ticket any day and buy for $45? considering burke for mlk weekend if they get snow after the mess this weekend. my only free option is magic and they're in way worse shape than burke before the shitstorm that's about to come.

"Other Mountain Pass: Pass holder of another mountain? Great! Even though we would love to call you our own, Burke welcomes all skiers and riders and will even reward you for your "other Mountain" pass holder status. Purchase season long winter lift tickets for just $45 per person."

edit. gah, scrolled down and answered my own question:

"ALL OF THE ABOVE TICKET DEALS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE DURING NON-HOLIDAY PERIODS (with exception of military ski-free). HOLIDAY PERIODS INCLUDE:

Christmas Week through New Year's Eve: December 26th, 2019 through January 1st, 2020
Martin Luther King, Jr.: January 17th-19th, 2020
President Week: February 14-22, 2020."

VTKilarney

Burke's lack of snowmaking is really showing this year. I wouldn't even consider going there after this weekend until they get some decent snow.

KustyTheKlown

yea they reported 16" this week and they are almost 100% open including woods. webcam looked pretty good this week. they're gonna get pummelled by rain, but i wonder when killarney was last there?

VTKilarney

yea they reported 16" this week and they are almost 100% open including woods. webcam looked pretty good this week. they're gonna get pummelled by rain, but i wonder when killarney was last there?

I was last there on Sunday, Jan 5. I also got a report from a friend who went on Thursday.

zeke

I believe I read 2 million in snowmaking upgrades (and feel they’ve talked upgrades every year of q and post-q). Were they that far behind before and everything has just been replaced so they’re modernized with no net gain in capacity? Are the “millions” not being spent wisely? Do they not know what they’re doing anymore? Just bad decisions? Bad luck? Haven’t been there this year to see firsthand so I’m curious what you think the snowmaking issues are.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I believe I read 2 million in snowmaking upgrades (and feel they’ve talked upgrades every year of q and post-q). Were they that far behind before and everything has just been replaced so they’re modernized with no net gain in capacity? Are the “millions” not being spent wisely? Do they not know what they’re doing anymore? Just bad decisions? Bad luck? Haven’t been there this year to see firsthand so I’m curious what you think the snowmaking issues are.

Perhaps FTN can comment as I have not skied there yet this year.

They have, indeed, made a lot of improvements. I think part of it is the weather and temps. Another part of it is that if you look you see that they do have some Polecats and great snowmaking on a couple main routes to support BMA's training. Warren's Way mainly. Like a lot of other places, their other routes require assembling and disassembling guns which is time consuming. I know water has become an issue as the Passumpsic has had some lean years. They are planning to add more pond storage and to add more automation.

And this January thaw has hit them hard as has everyone else. Pics from Magic and other places are just bleak.

KustyTheKlown

burke is honoring the $45 walk up for other mountain passholders this weekend. they did not reply to my comment asking about ikon, but its a full season pass to lots of places so i'd be peeved if they denied it. i would expect the promo is aimed more at epic and ikon holders, and not at like, cannon passholders.

killarney - any update on conditions? they got 8", but are still only reporting 15 trails. wondering if by sunday they will be in proper shape enough to save me the backtracking drive up to jay

thetrailboss

Staff member
burke is honoring the $45 walk up for other mountain passholders this weekend. they did not reply to my comment asking about ikon, but its a full season pass to lots of places so i'd be peeved if they denied it. i would expect the promo is aimed more at epic and ikon holders, and not at like, cannon passholders.

killarney - any update on conditions? they got 8", but are still only reporting 15 trails. wondering if by sunday they will be in proper shape enough to save me the backtracking drive up to jay

Unless something has drastically changed, they are pretty laid back as to promos and will likely honor it.

KustyTheKlown

i'd be totally sold on burke if they honor my champlain valley card that is blacked out. $45 with a chance of free sounds pretty good.

bdfreetuna

i'd be totally sold on burke if they honor my champlain valley card that is blacked out. $45 with a chance of free sounds pretty good.

That's pushing it with the MyChamplainValley card. I'm in the same boat though and Burke is one of the only places I'd bother ski over MLK. I've done it before and never waited more than a few minutes in line.

VTKilarney

Unfortunately, I have not skied since the thaw. We got a decent amount of snow in the last storm. It was definitely on the high side of the forecast.