• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

River19

aren't you local or pretty close to it? if so, i think you getting banners 2x a day for the hotel pretty much assures that the mktg team is asleep at the wheel.

I think it is anyone that friended the mountain, or that is what I assumed.

Who knows......everyday that shit is in my FB feed......and then a banner or two on the margins......

thetrailboss

Staff member
This just in my inbox this morning: better sit down for this news. 15 snowguns are running.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

River19

And the race is on, Q's 15 guns and my ice maker in my kitchen, who will have more ice by the end of the weekend....

thetrailboss

Staff member
And the race is on, Q's 15 guns and my ice maker in my kitchen, who will have more ice by the end of the weekend....

That's kind of what I fear. The snow I skied on last February was good, but it was natural. I heard from many that the snowmaking is not as good as it once was because of lack of institutional knowledge.

thetrailboss

Staff member

I have no doubt that, like a Bond movie, the snowguns are outfitted with "Q"'s on their nozzles. Yet another effort to make clear who is in control of the mountain.

VTKilarney

Exciting news. They managed to get a 16th snow gun going!

Snow.jpg

At this rate the Dippers should be opened by February 20th. Who's excited??? I know I am!!!

VTKilarney

And this was just posted to their Facebook page:
"After the Warren Miller scam I was told to email someone at Burke to get my free lift ticket. It's been almost a month and no response. Thanks for the great customer service."

Doh! For those who hadn't seen the earlier comment, this is a customer that was supposed to get a Burke voucher at a Warren Miller movie but the voucher was mistakenly left out.

VTKilarney

From News7:
UPDATE: Emergency crews just transferred the man from the ambulance to the helicopter, which took off shortly after. The helicopter was from Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

Judging by the video posted by News7, it looks like the helicopter landed in the Sherburne parking lot.

BenedictGomez

And this was just posted to their Facebook page:
"After the Warren Miller scam I was told to email someone at Burke to get my free lift ticket. It's been almost a month and no response. Thanks for the great customer service."

Doh! For those who hadn't seen the earlier comment, this is a customer that was supposed to get a Burke voucher at a Warren Miller movie but the voucher was mistakenly left out.

The Burke voucher wasnt electronic?

VTKilarney

The Burke voucher wasnt electronic?

Here was the original Facebook discussion:

Glade Runner: So what happened to your free Mon to Fri ticket that was supposed to be in the Warren Miller booklet? The preview mentioned the deal but, when we got there the coupon was only for "2 people can stay for as little as $86/night in our basic studio suite (from rate based on 2 adults staying early winter season, lodging only)."

Q Burke Mountain Resort: The voucher should have been in your Warren Miller movie booklet. There is a coupon code that you enter online which redeems the deal and gets you your lift tickets. If you have trouble please email jsechler@qburke.com and we'll make sure you get your tickets mailed to you.

Glade Runner: I went through the book a couple times page by page and there is nothing in there other than the bogus early season hotel deal that you get when registering the card in the book.

Q Burke Mountain Resort: Ok - send jsechler@qburke.com an email with your information and we'll make sure you get your ticket.;

Smellytele

Here was the original Facebook discussion:

Glade Runner: So what happened to your free Mon to Fri ticket that was supposed to be in the Warren Miller booklet? The preview mentioned the deal but, when we got there the coupon was only for "2 people can stay for as little as $86/night in our basic studio suite (from rate based on 2 adults staying early winter season, lodging only)."

Q Burke Mountain Resort: The voucher should have been in your Warren Miller movie booklet. There is a coupon code that you enter online which redeems the deal and gets you your lift tickets. If you have trouble please email jsechler@qburke.com and we'll make sure you get your tickets mailed to you.

Glade Runner: I went through the book a couple times page by page and there is nothing in there other than the bogus early season hotel deal that you get when registering the card in the book.

Q Burke Mountain Resort: Ok - send jsechler@qburke.com an email with your information and we'll make sure you get your ticket.;

The person is an idiot. It is electronic. You have to go to the WM site and punch in the code the comes in the goody bag at the show/ It doesn't say Burke or any ski area on it. Moron

Smellytele

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG-20151204-00300.jpg
    IMG-20151204-00300.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 240

thetrailboss

Staff member
The person is an idiot. It is electronic. You have to go to the WM site and punch in the code the comes in the goody bag at the show/ It doesn't say Burke or any ski area on it. Moron

I feel badly for J Sechler as she just has to deal with what happens....be it Q or not.