• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Website
www.nebackcountry.blogspot.com
True story: His job in the military was public relations. He's probably indirectly responsible for ISIS.

Whose military?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Baghdad_Bob_.jpg
    Baghdad_Bob_.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 218

VTKilarney

Saturday's Caledonian Record has an article about Q-Burke. Baby-Q's statements are utterly patronizing and bizarre.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I wonder how many people purchase an online description to the Caladonian Record? I'm surprised they don't allow at least a few free articles to be read each month like other online newspapers.

I'm interested to hear what the buffoon has to say about staff departures in the article.

MEtoVTSkier

thetrailboss

Staff member
Looks like it's behind the pay-wall, geez their prices are up there...

[FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]11/8/2014 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Burke Mountain:Quiros Addresses Staff Departures, Hotel Construction At QBurke[/FONT]

Well, I bet he confirmed that he fired Frank and his wife. I also know that are in desperate need of regular staff since the locals are not coming back to work with him. Sorry to be "naysaying", just telling the truth.

I'd say that this is the last season for q. But then again he is entrenched for war. That does not work in the hospitality business.

thetrailboss

Staff member
And re: Hotel

I don't know what the article says, but a reliable source has told me that q has decided to slow down construction this winter to save money and thus the Hotel will be delayed. Not sure if anyone else can verify, but that is what I've been hearing (and what it looked like when I went up to take a look a couple weeks ago).

VTKilarney

I would give highlights of the article, but it really wouldn't do the madness justice. It's as if Baby-Q thinks that he is talking to two year olds. I've never seen anything like it.

VTKilarney

Well, they'd better hope that Dos Equis marketing folks don't see that. It may be trademark infringement.
I was wondering about that myself. And since the mascot appeals to children, is it really a wise idea to have the 12 pack of beer sitting next to the bear?

thetrailboss

Staff member
I was wondering about that myself. And since the mascot appeals to children, is it really a wise idea to have the 12 pack of beer sitting next to the bear?

We're seeing another management meltdown moment. I'm getting tired of seeing this movie about Burke again, and again.

thetrailboss

Staff member
A friend sent me the Burke article. q confirmed that he hired a new GM but will not reveal his/her identity "for several months". :lol: You can't make this up.

He also claims that he is fully staffed, but there are several want ads up on the Cal Rec and on the site.

And he dismisses rumors that there are unpaid construction contractors for the hotel.

As to the claim of "mass resignations", q explains that it is a conspiracy theory of sorts so that departed employees can reason why they left. Obviously they have not lived up to his high performance standards is his explanation.

This is hilarious.

Also of interest is an article outlining how the Balsam's is proceeding with construction work. Interesting comparison there: amateur hour at Burke and Balsams with Les Otten helping out. Say what you want, but I think folks would trade q for LBO any day.

VTKilarney

Yup, you read that right. There is now a "mystery" General Manager.

I also loved the part about it taking years for staff to meet his high standards.

VTKilarney

And what about the talk of subcontractors not being paid?

Sent from my iPhone, excuse brevity and typos.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yup, you read that right. There is now a "mystery" General Manager.

I also loved the part about it taking years for staff to meet his high standards.

The "4-5 year" comment made me cringe. He needed to be gone last month. Burke will be dead within 4-5 years at this rate.

Edd

A friend sent me the Burke article. q confirmed that he hired a new GM but will not reveal his/her identity "for several months". :lol: You can't make this up.

He also claims that he is fully staffed, but there are several want ads up on the Cal Rec and on the site.

And he dismisses rumors that there are unpaid construction contractors for the hotel.

As to the claim of "mass resignations", q explains that it is a conspiracy theory of sorts so that departed employees can reason why they left. Obviously they have not lived up to his high performance standards is his explanation.

Ok, I'm done. I've slipped into a state of disbelief. There's no f*****g way this is happening up there. We're all being punked.