• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

thetrailboss

Staff member
WTH is the deal with this?

It's either:

A) A reference to trapping/killing beaver
B) A reference to ******* women

Neither is a very intelligent name from a PR perspective.

That said, I wasn't born yesterday and realize that snowmaking crews are normally virtually 100% men, and skew young. It's obviously a sexual reference, and I'm guessing whoever runs Burke's social media campaign isn't a threat to cure cancer. My guess is they'll say it has something to do with the Beaverkill river, which is not in Vermont, but come on......

Take a wild guess who is doing the marketing.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

AdironRider

Im pretty sure anyone who uses the term beaver sexually, and by default would be offended by it, are at least Benedicts age.

SkiingInABlueDream

laugh if this is stupid... Is there any chance that "Beaverkill" was a facetious implication that their snowmaking system is powerful enough to empty the sourcepond(s), ruining the beaver's habitit and thus... killing them?

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

I hear that food and beverage will now be known as "Team Pussyslayer".

LOL

I don't know what that means. I assume by most of Benedicts posts (I.e. he knows everything) that he's 20-24. So what do you mean by "at least"?

Your psychological profile is ideologically perfect. So angry.

laugh if this is stupid... Is there any chance that "Beaverkill" was a facetious implication that their snowmaking system is powerful enough to empty the sourcepond(s), ruining the beaver's habitit and thus... killing them?

I think you're way over-thinking it, though that would be an ingenious backup plan if anyone ever did ask them what it means. They should go with that.

VTKilarney

LOL

Your psychological profile is ideologically perfect. So angry.

I think you're way over-thinking it, though that would be an ingenious backup plan if anyone ever did ask them what it means. They should go with that.

If they ever get the aquatic center built, I think we all know what the divers will be called.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Just saw some pics from Burke. This one struck me as odd because the Hotel seems to be largely in the same state as it was three weeks ago:

10339782_10152909747233023_73505011197062678_n.jpg

Granted we know that they are doing a lot of work in the basement (that you can't see). Are they planning on doing anything more this winter on the upper levels or are they hanging it up for now?

VTKilarney

Granted we know that they are doing a lot of work in the basement (that you can't see). Are they planning on doing anything more this winter on the upper levels or are they hanging it up for now?
If you look at the Webcam, you can see that they are putting up plywood to the left of this image. The plywood was visible in the recent drone film that was released.