• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

thetrailboss

Staff member
Burke just released their day prices...they seem lower than in the past:

$64 for adults
$47 juniors

Vermonter (non-holiday):

$52 adult
$40 junior

New website and the Q is still everywhere :roll:

VTKilarney

What do people think about the snowmaking situation for this coming winter? I see that they are laying some pipe. I'm not sure if it's just replacement pipe or something new.

Will wee see a legitimate improvement in snowmaking, or just a very incremental improvement?

WoodCore

What do people think about the snowmaking situation for this coming winter? I see that they are laying some pipe. I'm not sure if it's just replacement pipe or something new.

Will wee see a legitimate improvement in snowmaking, or just a very incremental improvement?

Pipe means nothing without the pumping capacity to get water to it!

VTKilarney

Let the discounting begin:

We're offering discounted Ski & Stay packages for the first few weeks the Q Burke Hotel will be open (December 11-26, 2015). This is a "ski free" deal. You cover the lodging, we'll throw in the lift tickets!
Two people can Ski & Stay from $109 per night in studio suite.
A family of 4 can Ski & Stay from $129 per night in a studio suite.

thetrailboss

Staff member
As seen in SKI magazine this month:

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1440638642.833641.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1440638570.067367.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1440638570.067367.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 141

Masskier

I took a tour of the hotel today. It is coming along nicely. There was about 200 people on site working. They are on schedule to open the entire hotel on Dec 11th. The pool and hot tub will be ready for opening day.

Also work continues on the snow making upgrades.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Qbreaking News:

Summer, where did you go? Change of season is in the air and although warmer temps were greatly enjoyed, we cannot WAIT until winter! Why?

Well for starters, our $1 million snow making expansion is well underway with the installation of 20 state-of-the-art energy efficient fan guns ready to go on Warren's Way training hill. The "old" guns removed from the Warren's Way have been re-purposed and placed on the infamous dipper trails. Permitting process is in its final stages and upon approval, we will begin construction of the new booster pump house station.

Saturday, September 5th
12noon: FREE Labor Day Picnic at Q Burke: Water-slide for the kids, family-friendly games, and children's bike park
12noon-5pm: FREE Hotel Community Tours. Must pre-register with guest services by calling (802) 626-7300 or email: info@skiburke.com
5pm: All you-can-eat Pig Roast. Pre-purchase your tickets by clicking here.
6pm: Live classic rock music with Full Circle
9pm: Live music by Steve Hartman upstairs in the Tamarack

oldtimer

Referring to the snow making update, what makes The Dippers the "infamous dipper trails"? that is a very odd phrase.

Was nice to see that SKI magazine has failed to drink the "Q" Qoolaid.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Referring to the snow making update, what makes The Dippers the "infamous dipper trails"? that is a very odd phrase.

Was nice to see that SKI magazine has failed to drink the "Q" Qoolaid.

I was wondering why they are "infamous" as well.

yeggous

Word on the street is that BMA paid for the fan guns.

How reliable can that word really be? That seems like the exact sort of rumor that could start from some guys making baseless speculations. From there the rumor mill snowballs it until it takes on a life of its own.

I'm not saying word on the street is wrong. I'm just cautioning that this is entirely too convenient of a rumor.