• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burton stickers recommend poaching MRG

MadMadWorld

I've seen intermediate skiers hardly able to hack their way down MRG and love every minute of it. Birdland is full of beginners. What is your point here?

I laugh every time I hear the line, "I thought this was a single diamond" or "why does an intermediate trail have moguls on it?"

jaytrem

yes - 2 snowboarders made Betsy mad..
They do not represent the other million.. maybe some do... haha...
But most... No...

2 snowboarders = straw

Betsy = camel's back

I don't see it as a black and white thing that happened there. Definitely grey to me. There were a lot more than 2 asshole snowboarders. Can you go to any ski area with out finding more than 2 asshole snowboards and more than 2 asshole skiers to go with them? As for Betsy, could she have been thicker skinned, and not punished the good folks along with the small percentage of assholes? Of course, but unfortunatly (in my opinion) it didn't work out that way.

For whatever reason, skiers and snowboarders didn't seem to get along all that well in the MRV back then. One friend got beat up at Sugarbush for simply being on a snowboard. Was maybe his 2nd or 3rd day and on his way down Villager on heading back to the condo. I remember being surprised how much different it was when I shifted to more Mount Snow then MRV. Not sure why that was. Some kind of demographics I guess.

Anybody been to Mountain High in California? It's pretty much the anti-MRG/alta. It was easily 95% snowboarders when I was there 2 years ago. I happened to be on skis that day and all the boarders couldn't be more friendly.

dmc

Do you really think the 2 groups are so clearly different?

Never said that...

Just saying what you do defines you when it comes to downhill pursuits...

But at a higher level - my group of friends do it all. We just hang together and enjoy the mountain - doesn't matter what you do just keep up..