• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lifties and their Music!

gregnye

I'm talking about the music selection/locations the lifties play the best music! There are some lifts I see always have music blasting, while others I guess are "too serious" of a lift to have music. What chairlifts do you find always have music blasting?

Here is a list of some observations of music selection I noticed throughout ski areas around here:

Loon:

East Basin Chair---always has rock or reggae playing! Gotta love the reggae music on an old-school double chair.

Tote-road quad (south peak side)--always has some rock music blasting away. I love rock music and it makes me feel welcome as I start my time at the south peak!

North Peak Express--sometimes the lifties try to play music here, but it is really hard to hear over the lift noise--they get points for trying though! :)

Waterville:

Although I have not found any lifties that play music, sometimes I find the music blasting at the terrain park hilarious! There were two times I was there that they were blasting Frank Sinatra! Its great, but not what I expect for a terrain park! :lol:

Cannon:

Cannonball Quad--Music must be required! Its always playing when I'm there! One time I was there, someone fell off the lift and the music started playing this techno song that kept on saying "emergency, emergency"--good times :lol:

Zoomer Lift: Plays music sometimes.

Sunapee:

Sun bowl lift--I can't speak for the past 2 years, but when I was there it was always playing some kind of music (probably to make up for the "evilness" of that lift).

Telemechanic

Ffej the lift operator at Loon's Tote Rd West is putting together his playlist for winter. Any requests?

jrmagic

The base area of the red chair at Magic was wired for sound by one of our regulars. Each liftie plays their own selections. Some dead, some Fish, some raggae, obsucre blues, classic rock... its all good.

bobbutts

I know the OP is talking about lifts, but how about on-mountain sound systems too?

Sunapee has a fancy system in their park
I believe Okemo has speakers somewhere, is it on Sel's Choice?

bigbog

Fun to see/hear lifties playing it...but really isn't necessary....has always been easy for me to crank it up in the mind....get me going into a specific trail. Now to get the exact key...hmm, that's often kinda difficult...but always a fun challenge...mentally. HA...the mind of a musician wayyy back in my youth...;-)

Sunapee is always playing Nirvana on the Sunbowl Quad. Spruce Triple is in the terrain park so Metal and Rap is always blasting on the sides of the trails around it.

gregnye

I always think that the lifties at Jay peak needs to crank up the tunes on one of their lifts--preferably the Jet Triple. Its unfortunate that their new Taxi quad chair seems to have the motor at the bottom--chairs with motors at the top tend to be better candidates for a good music playlist! If the lifties at Cannon can rock out--Jay peak has gotta rock out as well.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I just saw this on the Jay Peak website --> http://www.jaypeakresort.com/about/blog_updates/check-in-songs/#.UI_1mG-dOSr

Not lifties but still, thought it was timely :)

[h=1]CHECK IN SONGS[/h]By admin, on Tue, Oct 30, 2012
So we’re making a Raised Jay playlist of sorts. Music to check-in to—across our hotels and such. To that end, and although we love talking to ourselves as you know, we’d like your input as well. What sort of song would get you excited, calmed-down, connected, etc.. if you heard it while you were checking in at either our of Hotels or Condominiums? I’m not looking for one style, speed or decibel-just something you can create an argument for. If you do, create an argument I mean, we might use your suggestion in a playlist we’re creating. And we’ll give you a Moment{Us} sticker too. Granted this is biased, so don’t hate us if we say no and, lovingly, mock you.