• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What skis/snowboards do you hold in your quiver?

skiNEwhere

Was able to buy soul 7's with marker duke bindings from a guy who only used them once(he got injured) for $800, so now I have 4. Was debating between the 180 and 188s for a while, demoed both and ultimately went with the 188's

Think I got a pretty good deal considering it was still winter

Last edited:

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Adding some powder skis this summer/fall.

I only say this because I've heard that you're more likely to realize a goal if you put it in writing.

Just don't tell my wife.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Was able to buy soul 7's with marker duke bindings from a guy who only used them once(he got injured) for $800, so now I have 4. Was debating between the 180 and 188s for a while, demoed both and ultimately went with the 188's

Think I got a pretty good deal considering it was still winter
Marker Dukes.....got some 2yrs ago and could'nt be happier, I wanted to have a set of bindings that I would'nt blow out of in a no fall zone. Have'nt released since I got them, minor little fall or two but definately a sturdy pice of equipment!
Downside is the weight, between my skis,boots and bindings 11.5 lbs a pice. I work my butt off backcountry but most of my sking is area.

Cannonball

What are the Shiros underfoot? Aren't they like 130? I was thinking something in the one hundred teens.

Well... I've been kind of re-evaluating my gear this week and looking for some new purchases. Would consider parting with my Dynastar Huge Troubles w/ Look PX12 bindings, 185 cm(140-115-130) . Mounted for a 315mm boot. A few years old and a few dings. $250?

BenedictGomez

Line Prophet 90 - Daily driver, all-mountain groomed, bumps, trees, anything
Salomon Xscream - 65mm underfoot, rock skis, early season skis, crappy/icy conditions, Poconos skis

Thinking of adding Line Blends that are maybe 5" shorter than my all-mountain daily driver skis as a dedicated east coast tree ski. The Prophets are fine in the trees, but the Blends are a bit lighter and snappier and a few inches shorter would be nice.

Cannonball

• Snowboards:
    • Arbor Element 166. SOMEBODY BUY THIS $225!!
    • Prior Khyber 161 Splitboard
    • Inca 163
    • Ride 161
    • Salomon 163
  • Skis
    • Alpine: Dynastar Huge Trouble 185
    • AT: K2 Public Enemy
    • XC: Fisher OuttaBounds

Was just looking back through my post from early this season and sizing it up:

• Snowboards
    • The Arbor is now a coffee table (though could easily be pulled out and ridden)
    • Khyber didn't see a lot of miles, but got sweet new Karakoram bindings and will be around for awhile.
    • The Inca, after 10(?) years is toast. My favorite board ever. It will carry through the season then RIP.
    • The RIDE has become the 'house board' every visitor rides it. And it is my wife's rock board.
    • The Salomon so no action this year. Don't know if it will ever again.
  • Skis
    • Huge Troubles are still in action. Love 'em. Although I'd sell them and move on if someone is looking for a ski like that.
    • K2 PEs are going strong. Naxo bindings are starting to scare me. Don't know what to do there

Lots of gear going into retirement at the end of this season. Looking to load up over the summer. Planning to get a premium snowboard, and possibly some 'fun' skis (short, wide, rocker).

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Still haven't told the wife.
There's a lot of that illness going around. It's pretty contagious. I believe it's called Eeeskiola. :dontknow:

First time in six years, picked up some new boards. Helluva a summertime deal.
I explained the skis, but she didn't realize there were new binding and mounting$ in the offing.:-D
I have been whittling down the honey-do list big time, to ease the blow....

dlague

Lots of gear going into retirement at the end of this season. Looking to load up over the summer. Planning to get a premium snowboard, and possibly some 'fun' skis (short, wide, rocker).

Ah I see you are going to bring snow blade - nice!

tree_skier

GS Boards
Rossi 9x FIS 191 cm older
Atomic 12 race 186 cm

SL boards
Fischer FIS 165cm
Older Fischer 161cm

Atomic 210 cm Super G

New Last March
Nordica Patron's 185cm

Ski Blades

catsup948

High Society Free Rides 186 mounted with Dukes
K2 Public Enemies circa 2007 with Naxo 01 's
hopefully soon Liberty Variant 97's with Dukes
I have others that are just to beat to ski anymore. Probably will become a chair.

Madroch

Ha! I bought the Line Sick Day 110 in August.

Still haven't told the wife.

Love the sick day 95s - but I am new to the wider ski market....they are just a lot of fun -surprisingly versatile....

bigbog

......hopefully soon Liberty Variant 97's with Dukes
I have others that are just to beat to ski anymore. Probably will become a chair.

Good luck with the Libertys......would like to demo either them or Helix, but maybe will just purchase...but a couple+ others look like a lot of fun as well....

Last edited: